Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Pixel Tombstone Sequences

txmvmcc

Hi, I searched before posting this and could not find anyone who has any...but does anyone have any Smart Pixel Tombstone Sequence(s) they could share?  I am simply trying to tinker with a sequence so I can see how it is done in Sequence editor.  Since each tombstone is only 30 for the outline and 30 for the RIP; I am doing it manually rather than in pixel editor or superstar. 

Thanks a bunch!

May also be investing in Matrix.  Anyone have any suggestions on that since I see a lot out there?  24x50 seems to be common but Holiday Coro is only 22x46 (or similar, I don't recall right now)

What are you using to control your pixels? How many tomb stones? What kind of effects are you planning?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, txmvmcc said:

Hi, I searched before posting this and could not find anyone who has any...but does anyone have any Smart Pixel Tombstone Sequence(s) they could share?  I am simply trying to tinker with a sequence so I can see how it is done in Sequence editor.  Since each tombstone is only 30 for the outline and 30 for the RIP; I am doing it manually rather than in pixel editor or superstar. 

Thanks a bunch!

May also be investing in Matrix.  Anyone have any suggestions on that since I see a lot out there?  24x50 seems to be common but Holiday Coro is only 22x46 (or similar, I don't recall right now)

The old standard Matrix size was 12X50 (most commercial cookie cutter sequences). HS is now selling a 24X50 Matrix and is adding sequences to fit to their inventory.

Their 24X50 matrix is $75 plus S/H (last I checked), that was my price. It is very heavy duty plastic and comes rolled up. 12"X12" box.

JR

20 hours ago, dgtlpro said:

What are you using to control your pixels? How many tomb stones? What kind of effects are you planning?

Thanks for that info.  I have looked at their...nice.

20 hours ago, dgtlpro said:

I have a 16 outlet Alphapix smart pixel controller.  6 tombstones (outline and RIP are 2 different because I am uncertain how to cut 50 count strings and join 10 more from another string to make 60).  RIP is 30 and outline is 30.  Got from Holiday Coro.  As for effects...kind of like the chase look similar to arches.  Going to beat of music, etc;  I am open to any suggestions as I am new to the RGB Pixels this year.  Have used singing pumpkin and regular LED tombstones for the past several and upgraded this year during pre-sale.

1 hour ago, txmvmcc said:

I have a 16 outlet Alphapix smart pixel controller.  6 tombstones (outline and RIP are 2 different because I am uncertain how to cut 50 count strings and join 10 more from another string to make 60).  RIP is 30 and outline is 30.  Got from Holiday Coro.  As for effects...kind of like the chase look similar to arches.  Going to beat of music, etc;  I am open to any suggestions as I am new to the RGB Pixels this year.  Have used singing pumpkin and regular LED tombstones for the past several and upgraded this year during pre-sale.

HC has a roll of the three wire stuff to cut and splice lines, only wrinkle is if you got the ones with the waterproof ends because you don't know what color each wire is (or at least not easily).  They also sell connect that require no soldering,  they have a small bead of solder in them and you just put one wire in one end and the other in the other then use a heat gun to shrink/join.  Works great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, txmvmcc said:

I bought the kind that already had the ends (male/female) on them.  Yes...I am new to all this.  LOL.

that will make it a challenge but not impossible depending on your vision (tiny writing on the pixels).  basically three wires, +,-, and D for data.

30 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

does the single color (3) wire have a 'rib' like SPT-1 has?

nope, or at least not what I got from HC.  IMO you might be able to find 3-wire at a hardware store, then only thing that is important is the guage.