Light-O-Rama Forums

Matrix suggestions

Mr. P

I am doing a matrix this year and I have already received or ordered everything to create a 24x50 matrix. I am looking for suggestions for the actual matrix itself. I have been looking at the abs board from Holiday Sequences and the Pixnode nets from HolidayCoro, anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

I use the Pixnode Nets from Holiday Coro and haven't had any issues with them.  They are flexible enough to fold down a little for storage.  Sometimes they will have some in the "Off Spec" section which are cheaper.  I bought both the new and offspec  and you really can't tell the difference.

I would recommend the Monster Matrix from Boscoyo.  I used it for my 84x42 matrix.  I made a frame from 1 3/8" top rail fencing.  Great quality like everything from Boscoyo.  https://www.boscoyostudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_30&products_id=59

You already know I use the HS. If you decide to build it from pvc I have that jig to drill spacing for the holes that I will let you borrow.

JR

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

I am doing a matrix this year and I have already received or ordered everything to create a 24x50 matrix. I am looking for suggestions for the actual matrix itself. I have been looking at the abs board from Holiday Sequences and the Pixnode nets from HolidayCoro, anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

I have a couple of the Holiday Coro matrix 3 inch spacing I never used forsale if your interested i could give you the specs on what I have .

I built mine using Holiday Sequences matrix panel using square pixels. I made the frame out of 2x1 wood strips.  I have also ordered the Monster Matrix Panel from Boscoyo Studio to cut down to smaller ones. I am building 4 smaller matrices for some columns that are located near my sidewalk. The matrix panel from HS is 1.9" pixel spacing. That one give or take will be around 40-80 feet away depending on where you are standing or driving. The matrix panel from Boscoyo has spacing of 1.125" pixel spacing.  So, the viewing distance give our take will be from 2-60 feet depending on where you are standing or driving. The tighter pixel spacing for the closer viewing distance.  

I'm using the pixnode netting for some 4row x 31nodes tree trunk wrap.  The HC pixels snap in and hold realy well in the netting.   If storage is an issue, it rolls up really nicely. Was able to roll 8ft strip into an 8-10" diameter roll with the pixels installed. so for easy of install and takedown, don't know if you can beat it. 

Maybe a little late for this. Do you have any sign shops near you? I work at one and had mine drilled with a CNC Router Table. I used CoroPlast from Home Depot http://www.homedepot.com/s/coroplast?NCNI-5

I have a barn for storage so size wasn't an issue for me. Sign shops are a great resource.

Alan...

3 minutes ago, default said:

Maybe a little late for this. Do you have any sign shops near you? I work at one and had mine drilled with a CNC Router Table. I used CoroPlast from Home Depot http://www.homedepot.com/s/coroplast?NCNI-5

I have a barn for storage so size wasn't an issue for me. Sign shops are a great resource.

Alan...

Home Depot (if you can find the 6-10mm) prices are ridiculous. Normally they do not carry the thick stuff or even the full sheets of the thinnest in stock. 3 for about $175 then add shipping since they will not "ship to store", I tried and that was the answer. "ship to business or home only"

Birmingham, AL local sign shops do not carry any sheets of 6-10mm because that is not what the customers want. They want the cheapest stuff they can find for the advertising signs.

I found a local plastic company that manufactures shipping containers and I purchased 6mm for $12 a full sheet (plus tax). 10mm was $14 however I felt it would be too difficult to use my tools to cut and drill it. The 6mm is heavy enough for our purposes.

JR

Here is what I used last season: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Tenax-3-ft-x-15-ft-Plastic-Black-Hardware-Net-751397/100384025

This net is just the right size for the nodes. You can space them any way you want. Here is a link to my video. I used them for the Right and Left hedge. I used 8x50 nodes for each. Now these were dumb nodes, but I am going to replace them with Smart nodes this year.

11 minutes ago, caniac said:

Have you looked at P10 panels from DIYLEDExpress?

Yes, I have looked at them but they are usually sold out.

I like the rugged solid sheets (4x8) as they would stand up longer but are harder to store. I like the netting as they would be easier to take apart and store.

• The topic was locked