Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Pixie16 with lights from LOR - Testing

CampbellHouse

So now I have my networks all set up - Big thank you to everyone for your help. Have my Pixie16 setup on its own network running ELOR and the additional 16 channel controllers running in standard mode on their own network. 

So now I'm trying to program in SE - I add my new P16 and see everything - all channels when I drill all the way down to the lowest level so I think it's in right. I add to the sequence and it turns on the lights but I can't change colors. It's just white. I know I'm missing something - is there a good tutorial that walks through this or does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Also is it ok if I create a 180 tree with 12 of the 16 and then make arches out of the remaining 4?

Since you are going to sequence in SE you must use the color fade tool in the top bar to get your different colors unless you are more advanced and know how to select colors manually.

You mentioned that all your channels come out white. You are not breaking the channels down far enough. The RGB channels on the left are black, if you click on a black channel it opens R, G and B channels. If you attempt to manually put a sequence in the Black channels it will always come out white as you will be turning on the R, G and B channels 100%. You will need to turn on the individual Red, Green and Blue channels if you don't want white.

For beginners the color fade tool at the top is the easiest way to go.

Why don't you just ask for a free sequence from one of us that share. That will help you watch the sequence and the color patterns. Most of us use SS but it is pricey. Personally all of mine are made by someone else here as I produce the singing face portion.

Look for my sharing threads and JAmes Morris, I am sure we can share a few with you. At least you can see your lights work.

JR

Also is it ok if I create a 180 tree with 12 of the 16 and then make arches out of the remaining 4?

Yes, you can use them any way you want. One major thing to keep in mind is cable length between the controller and the first pixel. Depends on the pixel technology, but the limit can be as little as five to ten feet. Most can go longer, and there are several things you can do to extend that distance. I would suggest that you test the distance that you plan on doing now rather than setting up in November and finding it it does not work right. Feel free to ask questions if this does not make sense.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all - Thanks to everyone's help on here I now have everything working and I've been working on programming the Pixie16 - 12 for a tree and the other four for arches. Using PE and saving the intensity file. Set up Visualizer file and everything looks good but I'm just wondering if I'm doing it different than others. Do most people program RGBs in SE? I wouldn't think so but I'm wondering if I'm just not getting something here? Also does anyone know of a good tutorial to show how to bring in xlight effects into PE? They have some effects I like that aren't in PE. 

Thanks again for all the advise /answers to all my questions. I'm getting a little panicked that I won't finish by Thanksgiving. ?

Can't help you with C-section or PE as don't use either. Personally I sequence everything in SuperStar.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

Thanks k6ccc - I will maybe look at SS next year. Cost and learning curve have kept me away from it this year. Really thinking converting all house lights over to RGB next year so I'll have to learn it. Any tutorials you can suggest?

Thanks