Light-O-Rama Forums

Black vs white pixel pixie trees

Paducks

Hello trying to expand my current setup and wanted to know how the black differs from the white for pixel tree? Besides the color of the wire what advantages does one have over other? Are they both the same setup for running a program? Any help greatly appreciated!!

No difference except for the color of the wire/ribbon.

Now orange extension cords are different, the color matters.

Edited by Mr. P

Ok thank you I had read on a related thread that the white pixel have a reflective quality which can add to the lighting experience?

15 minutes ago, Paducks said:

Ok thank you I had read on a related thread that the white pixel have a reflective quality which can add to the lighting experience?

White might help when lighted, but you want black if you want them to nearly disappear when not in use. White picks up light from other props

Will kind of depend on the display element and whether wire color will matter.  Want more reflctbility...go white, less...go black.  How visable the wires are during the daytime will kind of depend on how anal you are and if it's going to bother you or the boss in the family. 

I use 3 color wires (ws2111) to make soldering connections easy.   I don't have the vision to read the labelling inside the pixel casing. 

• The topic was locked