Light-O-Rama Forums

Just wanted to share...

Santas Helper

It was a sad day for me and my wife today.

We had to put one of our babies (pet dog) Cody to sleep. Full Blooded Maltese officially named and registered as "Sir Cody".

He developed a back injury in early January (reason unknown) that led to problems that increased over time. Today my wife called me at work (which she never does so I know it was important). She said Cody isn't doing good and we need to take him to the vet.

At that very moment I knew what was coming, I knew...

My wife purchased Cody back in November 2003 (12 1/2 years ago) to be a companion for our other baby (Cuddles) I bought for Carol a year prior (2012) before I went to the desert (military called).

Cody (aka Little Man) was a funny dog and always happy. Became everyone's friend after a short sniff test. His wagging tail never rested.

He did tricks with his food, like a game. He rushed to the call like a general ready to take charge, only to return with success of mission complete.

He was a wonderful and happy part of our family and I miss him like crazy, already. :( 

The vet said there is nothing they can do as the conditions have already set in for an undesirable and irreversible outcome.

He was tasked to provide his humor and joy to another place. But will always be here with us in our hearts.

Anyway, I just wanted to share with my friends here the loss of my "Little Man".

Thank you for listening.

Love you and miss you Cody (Little Man),

Tom

Picture taken moments before his passage to a happy place for dogs.

IMG_20170406_171125_zps1sidoqyp.jpg

• Like 2

Oh man that's tuff my friend. We too have two Maltese. They are family for sure. Hopefully you two can lean on each other and get through this. 

People who don't believe dogs are family don't have dogs.  It hurts just reading your tribute to Cody.

• Like 2

We have both Dogs and Cats in this house. 'forever'.

Not having a pet is something I can't fathom, even if it is a fish or gerbile.

Even the cats miss their 'dog'  when it goes to the 'big boneyard'.

Also sorry for your loss.  Know that you gave Little Man a great life and that others lucky enough to have you in their life also appreciate all that you have to offer.  Wishing you the best of strength through the healing process....

Sorry to hear this. Those of us with pets can relate.  This past year I had to let one of my boxers and a cat go to the happy hunting ground in the sky. Hope you feel better soon. 

Best wishes to your family. I've had fish plenty of times before, and I had a hamster at one point, but didn't feel any connection to my pets until my parents brought our dog into my life and that forever changed me.

To me, my Maltese seems incredibly fixated on names and the smell of each person in our family. This is one of the traits I love about him. He's about 7 in human years and I'm just scared thinking of the day he will be joining Cody in doggy heaven. I can see the complete look of sadness and love in your face in your picture. He will be missed dearly.

My condolences on your loss.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. 

It's really tough to lose a pet "family member" of 12 1/2 years. It was a sad evening and I'm a baby when it comes to things like this. I look like Rocky after a fight. :( 

It's amazing how passionate we become with our pets.

Thanks again,

Tom

30 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Thank you everyone. 

It's really tough to lose a pet "family member" of 12 1/2 years. It was a sad evening and I'm a baby when it comes to things like this. I look like Rocky after a fight. :( 

It's amazing how passionate we become with our pets.

Thanks again,

Tom

we feel your pain, we have three chihuahua's the smallest of which is 2lbs of sheer attitude!!  you get really attached to them and all their "quirks" (our two pounder has a sixth sense when we are near an Arby's).

• Like 1

So sorry for your loss. Like Chet we have a house full (5) Chihuahua's and they are our children just like my human kids. They are all rescues out of Georgia. This is our first Beamer and he's my buddy wherever I am he is. 14dde1b826c7883142fd4cba11f623fe.jpg
And this is our last Mr. King who almost didn't make it he is just about 2 pounds at almost a year-old
8f941f7ac6bf60a95d47a4464101cec0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya'll have some cute babies. Thank you for sharing. :) 

And thank you for your kind words.

3 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

... and I'm a baby when it comes to things like this. I look like Rocky after a fight. :( 

Right there with you. I was in the Waco airport when I read your post. I'm sure everyone thought I was bawling because we were finally loading. 

Sorry for your loss. Had to put my 13 year old Jack Russel to rest 2 Fridays ago. Rescued her at 8 weeks. Her brother misses her.  No one to pick on. LOL

1 minute ago, Jeff F said:

Sorry for your loss. Had to put my 13 year old Jack Russel to rest 2 Fridays ago. Rescued her at 8 weeks. Her brother misses her.  No one to pick on. LOL

Yeah. Tuff on pets too. Sorry for your loss as well. 

When my two aren't sitting with "mommy", here's their favorite hangouts:

(Jasper in the red chair - he looks like he could be Cody's bro. Charlie likes it up high so he can track everyone)

.. edit.. 

boys%20hanging%20around_zpsksooc7ry.png

Edited by Mega Arch
  • Like 2

Thank you camper. 

I'm constantly thinking of him and the daily things he did that I took for granted. I hosted a mini this past weekend which helped get my mind off him not being here. That helped a bunch!!!

• Like 1