Light-O-Rama Forums

10w 8-pack RGB floods

Dave Batzdorf

With the sale rapidly approaching, whats the consensus of opinion on the 10W RGB flood 8-pack.  I want to replace my 90w incan Red-Green-White floods with them.  Will I get a better presentation (wash).  Was thinking of the Plug N play show pack.  Its a pretty good savings.

The 10w package is good if you want a dimmer light for many different areas on a smaller home or a large single story home. I purchased three of the 50w floods at last years sale which are much brighter with a huge throw. I have a large, 4500 sq. ft. home and three of the 50w floods totally light up the front.  The only issue I would see is using 10w floods on a two story home as you may not get enough light at the top.

I am going to go with Mr. P's response.  I too have a 2 story home that previously was lit with 3 each red and green 90W floods.  Three of the 50W floods do a fantastic job of lighting the whole thing.  I also have the 10W package - but I aim them at the viewers.  I can make them any color strobe I want - and I like red blue flashing to get some attention!

2 minutes ago, Dave Batzdorf said:

I have a standard 44' long split level home.  Eave height is about 16'.

Also consider the the color and material of the house. The dimmer floods may not show as well on brown or red brick or a darker siding. White siding would be best and consider the distance the floods would be from the house.

Beige siding.  I generally put 3 floods about 16' from house.  You can see the spot placement the yard.

House front.jpg

Edited by Dave Batzdorf

The colors will show up nicely on your house. You may have to play with the distance due to the lower watts but then again you will have eight lights. Or you could go with two of the 50w floods for total coverage.

This is how the 8pk looks on my house. Only used 7 for Christmas and all 8 for Halloween. White stucco exterior.

c493b9ee41f9fd502d1c07ce713a3029.jpg

57aa748605a624a1239dce2b64672f32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I use 5 on my house, 2 on the porch (a little over kill) and 3 down the side, and one on the fence.  At Christmas I also hang string lights on the side of the house.  Makes for some cool effects.  The string lights help to make the kitchen door and small deck not so dark.  There is one hung on each side of the deck and one in the flower bed pointed up.  The 2 on the porch are hung from the eave pointed at the house.  This year's goal is the get one or two pointed at the garage.

574c779d89718_LightHanger.jpg.7aa4455eac1bc44852f739dabfc4999f.jpg

LOR.jpg

On 4/6/2017 at 11:28 AM, Morales Home said:

This is how the 8pk looks on my house. Only used 7 for Christmas and all 8 for Halloween. White stucco exterior.

c493b9ee41f9fd502d1c07ce713a3029.jpg

57aa748605a624a1239dce2b64672f32.jpg

How far from the house do you have them positioned?

They are about 5-6ft from the house on 3ft tall pvc pipes. Mounted with the same hardware Little_b used to mount his except I slid the pipes onto rebar

Perfect thanks.  I grabbed a set at the mad grab, just trying to get an idea of what the coverage and placement will be

This is more of a Software issue than Hardware but what do you call the Prop, a bulb, a string, lines not connected? 

Nothing in the drop down that says floods

I'm using the S4 and was looking in the PE Software, am I in the wrong place?

Thanks,

Jack

2 hours ago, Jack said:

This is more of a Software issue than Hardware but what do you call the Prop, a bulb, a string, lines not connected? 

Nothing in the drop down that says floods

I'm using the S4 and was looking in the PE Software, am I in the wrong place?

Thanks,

Jack

It's always helpful to post your software version and license level since it's not showing under your picture and location.

Maybe you could go to Guitar Center or go online and look at some of the par 56 or 64 fixtures which are also

use DMX protocol. You can try some different ones that are more a beam effect or  narrow or flood. How ever make

sure they are outdoor rated. Some other sites are Stage Ape or Used stage lighting. I have been using some lights like

these along with moving heads.

Mr.P,

Thanks for the reply, 

As stated I'm using the S4.3 Pro Software and yes it is a software question but talking about Floods I tried to get my answer.

Manitoutheos,

I think you clicked on the wrong question, 

Thanks to all, but still looking for the answer.

Jack

Edited by Jack
miss-spell

• The topic was locked