Light-O-Rama Forums

Four Globes as Ornaments Under a Tree

BrianBruderer

I experimented with using four globes hanging from a tree, with the idea that they are like Christmas ornaments. The globes are the same as the globe that is at the top of my CCP Tree with Globe. Here is a sequence that I wrote just for the globes, it is to the song "Meteor Shower" by Chris Layton.

Here is a sequence to the song "Meteor Shower" on a CCP Tree with Globe at the top.

Here I just put "All I Want for Christmas Is You" for the CCP Tree with Globe onto the four globes. In essence, the first globe uses the sequencing from the globe at the top of the tree, and the sequencing for the CCP tree is split up between the other three globes:

• Like 2

I have a display I call the "CCP Tree with Globe" that I have had for several years. I have the globes made for me and they are available on my website at www.superstarlights.com

I took the same globes and put a top and a hook on them so they look like a huge Christmas ornament. Each ornament has a Pixie 4 controller and 4 strings of square pixels. I will make a video next week on how I made the globe ornaments.

• Like 1

Those are really really good. Of course you already knew that.

Masterful.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by dibblejr

10 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

I have a display I call the "CCP Tree with Globe" that I have had for several years. I have the globes made for me and they are available on my website at www.superstarlights.com

I took the same globes and put a top and a hook on them so they look like a huge Christmas ornament. Each ornament has a Pixie 4 controller and 4 strings of square pixels. I will make a video next week on how I made the globe ornaments.

Thanks ( and in advanced for the Video. I have the tree. I just wish I had 1/20 the talent you exhibit )

• 2 weeks later...

There is now a video on making a giant "ornament" from a 14" globe. Here it is. My favorite part is at 15:50 where we notice a wasp inside the globe!