Light-O-Rama Forums

Davis Family Christmas 2017 Preview

scodavis

Hello everyone,

I have decided to post a little visualizer preview of my 2017 Christmas Show.  The song is Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 24 by Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which will be the one song I always include in my show because I absolutely love it.  This year I also moved to a new (to me) home, so I had to completely re-do my light organization.  The features include:

• 7 individual house elements, all using RWBG super strings
  • 11 individual plants, also decorated using RWBG super strings
  • 16 tomato cage mini trees, decorated using RWBG super strings, and a mini tree decorated with 400 pink lights for my daughter (my son will get one too, once he chooses a favorite color)
  • The big tree between the sidewalk and street, decorated with RWBG super strings
  • 16 10-watt RGB floods mounted to the eaves and pointed down at the house walls

My display will contain 147 LOR channels and 48 LOR RGB channels with somewhere between 16,000 and 18,000 lights (the total is unknown because I have no idea how many lights I will put in the big tree, but knowing me I will probably just fit them all up there somehow because there is no purpose to having spare lights, is there?!).  The entire show is run with LOR hardware.

Here is the link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uvi4e91aJI

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.  Looking forward to a great 2017 display season!

-Scott

• Like 1

Cool.....really enjoyed watching it!  Your timing is spot on!  I'm sure your kids like adding their touch to it.  Never easy to transition from one house to another.

3 hours ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

Cool.....really enjoyed watching it!  Your timing is spot on!  I'm sure your kids like adding their touch to it.  Never easy to transition from one house to another.

Thank you for the comment, BYRG!  I actually spend a lot of time doing the timing grids for my song.  First I use the beat wizard to get a timing grid that is close, and then I break up the song into sections, count the beats for each section, delete the timing grid, and re-create it with the correct number of beats and sub-beats.  It takes me about 30 minutes per song but I end up with a very, very accurate timing grid which makes the programming a whole lot easier.  Maybe someday I'll do a YouTube video of my process or something.

-Scott

• 2 months later...
  • The topic was locked