Light-O-Rama Forums

Mad grab

Jeffery m

Everybody's probably sick of hearing this question but has anybody heard when the sale is going to happen sometimes I don't get my email alerts just don't want to miss it

If there's going to be a sale we start dropping sale hints about a week before the event so please keep an eye on our website (http://www.LightORama.com) and/or our forums (http://forums.LightORama.com.) 

We also send out an email right before the sale begins. Be sure to sign up at http://www1.lightorama.com/email-signup/

(FYI:  This is the same reply we use on the help desk, so you won't get a better answer there either :P )

56 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I noticed this thread and got excited, heart rate up. Then crash!

JR

I did the same thing.

• Like 2

Just got the E-Mail. Sale is Friday evening!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Advice needed (to avoid further mi$-$teps and explaining to spouse)

What do I really need (minimum Purchase) to get it working (mostly confused about counts of controllers)

Current: 2 AC controllers (gen 2 Gen3) and a Basic level

(NB I have PSUs and cases,. LEDS waiting ;) )

I want to add 1 or 2 CMB24D, (dumb LED strings and maybe floods),

The real puzzler is Pixels. Distance between props 2 Pixie 4,or 2 Pixie 8 (so I have spare outputs) or a  Pixcon16 or should I go the IDMX-1000 and brand x DMX boards route for flexibility.

All these affect which license level I need to upgrade to (which adds more $)

Ideas, advice please

A Basic Level license can go up to two controllers (Unit ID's) so with what you want to do I would recommend you upgrade to at least an Advanced licences (unlimited controllers). The Pixies use one Unit ID for each port so a Pixie16 would need to use 16 Unit ID's a Pixie8 would use 8 Unit ID's and so on. Also, since you are talking pixels you may want to use enhanced network which is only available with a Pro license.

As for pixels, I personally use E1.31 for pixels as the LOR network is much slower when it comes to huge amounts of pixels and you will need to add more networks.

Edited by Mr. P

4 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

A Basic Level license can go up to two controllers (Unit ID's) so with what you want to do I would recommend you upgrade to at least an Advanced licences (unlimited controllers). The Pixies use one Unit ID for each port so a Pixie16 would need to use 16 Unit ID's a Pixie8 would use 8 Unit ID's and so on.

Thanks, that was what I was what I was mostly worried about :(  I knew my basic was maxed out with 2 controllers.

Slam to the stops with 1 board :o

2 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Thanks, that was what I was what I was mostly worried about :(  I knew my basic was maxed out with 2 controllers.

Also keep in mind since you want to get into pixels that you may want to run an enhanced network which is only available with a Pro license. Also, a Pixcon requires an enhanced network to run on a  LOR network so it also would need a Pro license.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

+1 on what Mr. P said.  Go AT LEAST to the Advanced because of the unlimited controllers (if for no other reason).  I did that when I bought my first LOR license.  Upgraded to Pro in the first hour after it became available.  I did so primarily for intensity files.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Keep an eye on the sale page as it seems like some of the items keep changing.

Thanks for the heads up. they added  a Pixie4 and Pixie8  (I had a marked up hardcopy of the page frm day1)

Just now, TheDucks said:

Thanks for the heads up. they added  a Pixie4 and Pixie8  (I had a marked up hardcopy of the page frm day1)

Yes, and they took away the USB485HS (red). I was going to get two more.

22 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Yes, and they took away the USB485HS (red). I was going to get two more.

RATS, :o

That was on my markup

Check out the listing on the sale page for the black pixel pixie 16 package. There's an add to cart button there that does account for the sale price... Pretty sure that's not supposed to be there...