Light-O-Rama Forums

4amp fuse not enough with 100 nodes

brichi

1 hour ago, brichi said:

can up up the fuse on port 1-3 if I'm not going to use some of the other ports? not sure if the amp calculation is due to the entire output of the board or port 1 really can only hold 4 amps

No you can not.

1 hour ago, DevMike said:

We do however support replacing the 4A fuses with 6A ones on that board (but not Pixies).

Like 'The Ducks' said, there is more to it - like trace width, copper weight (thickness), etc.  Pixies are not rated for more than 4A per port.  You need to either power inject (which we do not officially support), or use pixels that are within the spec of the board.

1 hour ago, brichi said:

the tree looks great though without injecting so I'm not sure why i would need to if i can get away with just pushing from 1 end with a 6 amp fuse off the board of p/s vs 4

tree -

Pretty awesome.

Run 2 wires up to the halfway point and inject. You can even use the same PSU that feeds the Pixie (if it has enough headroom left. Running anything Electronic at 100% is not good for longevity)

• Like 1

I'm going to inject at the top of the tree, I cut at 50 nodes the +and- and then I can run a wire hidden up the support pole to the top and power from up there for the remaining 50. getting a fuse block tomorrow so its all fused

• Like 1

• The topic was locked