Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Facebook Page

dibblejr

I am not a fan of Facebook and you can probably count my posts in my housing community page on two hands and probably 5-10 on public pages.

Does anyone ever update the LOR FB page? It seems the only time anyone is on it is during the holidays and then not much.

Nobody I know had a warning that the LOR forums were going to be down and I can understand the changes that were made to your main site, BTW it looks great and better structured.

It would have been nice to have something just posted on FB concerning any forum maintenance. I was on at 11:00 pm or so on Tues but around 11;30 could no longer get the site.

Great job on the main LOR page!

Thank you for considering my suggestion.

JR

Didn't even thing about LOR having  a FB page...not really a social media type of guy.  Just took a quick look...that was a waste of time.  guess I'm just an old fart...hate the clutter of FB. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Nobody I know had a warning that the LOR forums were going to be down

The person who updates the FB page didn't have a warning the forums were going to be down, either.

48 minutes ago, mpageler said:

Didn't even thing about LOR having  a FB page...not really a social media type of guy.  Just took a quick look...that was a waste of time.  guess I'm just an old fart...hate the clutter of FB. 

ditto

I am another that has no interest in signing up for FB

And not one word  here on why the forums were down.

Was it planned  (or panic)

1 hour ago, mpageler said:

Me too, I just reopened mine during the holidays, I had one while in the Army to keep up with family. Closed after retiring and only had one friend left. That was my sis in law. I defriender her when I opened. Now again I have one friend, my old MArine Corps buddy.

20 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

I am another that has no interest in signing up for FB

And not one word  here on why the forums were down.

Was it planned  (or panic)

They have a new LOR store look, I assume that was the reason for the site being down. But you know what assumptions mean.

JR

1 hour ago, Don said:

The person who updates the FB page didn't have a warning the forums were going to be down, either.

If this is the case, I am sure he/ she found out before the rest of us. The FB page is very rarely updated. If you look at it you will see.

Only another member asked about the forums and I replied stating "yes it is down".

If I was a facebooker and understood it, I would volunteer but it would probably be better suited for the younger crowd.

JR

It was my understanding that the LOR Facebook page has nothing to do with this LOR and was run by a person totally unaffiliated with LOR.

Can someone officially verify please.

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

It was my understanding that the LOR Facebook page has nothing to do with this LOR and was run by a person totally unaffiliated with LOR.

Can someone officially verify please.

It looks pretty official to me, questions there are answered by staff (I think)

Also in one of the sale threads we were directed to watch FB for the sale.

Edited by dibblejr

Here is a quote from DevMike from last July, now whether it still stands true or not I don't know:

"We are not on Facebook, (Well, I think we are BUT we do not post anything there or even monitor it).  There is an unofficial LOR facebook group that we have nothing to do with.  Anything posted there is suspect and certainly is not OFFICIAL.  The only official place for LOR information is the LOR website.

There are also people on Facebook who claim to be employees of LOR, or even the owners themselves.  Some people at the company do have Facebook accounts, but they are NEVER used for LOR business.  They are personal only."

12th post in the below thread:

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Here is a quote from DevMike from last July, now whether it still stands true or not I don't know:

"We are not on Facebook, (Well, I think we are BUT we do not post anything there or even monitor it).  There is an unofficial LOR facebook group that we have nothing to do with.  Anything posted there is suspect and certainly is not OFFICIAL.  The only official place for LOR information is the LOR website.

There are also people on Facebook who claim to be employees of LOR, or even the owners themselves.  Some people at the company do have Facebook accounts, but they are NEVER used for LOR business.  They are personal only."

Yes, I saw that one before however the one from LOR Admin is a lot newer

Posted January 25 · Report post

"I have a hunch that the official LOR Facebook page will be updated with Sales information when it comes out as well.

http://www.facebook.com/lightorama"

Just now, dibblejr said:

Yes, I saw that one before however the one from LOR Admin is a lot newer

Posted January 25 · Report post

"I have a hunch that the official LOR Facebook page will be updated with Sales information when it comes out as well.

http://www.facebook.com/lightorama"

Maybe they actually have one now but the last I heard they didn't. Really doesn't matter to me as I have never had a Facebook account and never will.

Some people like Facebook, others don't. Just because the FB page at http://www.facebook.com/lightorama is legitimate, doesn't mean one has to visit it. If your not a fan of Facebook, don't worry about it. :)

Your forum admin doesn't know why the forums were down. Could have been technical, could have been billing, or just the simple fact something broke and it took a bit to fix. Either way, apologies for the outage, and the inconvenience folks may have encountered.

1 hour ago, LORAdmin said:

Some people like Facebook, others don't. Just because the FB page at http://www.facebook.com/lightorama is legitimate, doesn't mean one has to visit it. If your not a fan of Facebook, don't worry about it. :)

Your forum admin doesn't know why the forums were down. Could have been technical, could have been billing, or just the simple fact something broke and it took a bit to fix. Either way, apologies for the outage, and the inconvenience folks may have encountered.

The only problem was the withdrawal symptoms from a day without contact. Many of us were hurting - and especially with the fear that the forums were going away - well, it put a real stress on us. 

We're better now. Thanks for fixing it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LORAdmin said:

In emergencies such as the Forum being down we have to get resourceful and use all available tools.

I didn't mean no ill intentions by starting the thread, just was hoping maybe in the future it may be helpful.

~Respectfully submitted

JR