Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 4.3.18 won't install what did I do??

bdwillie

OK,,  What did I do wrong???  Version 4.3.14 installed and worked great!  No issues, until.......Goofing around I saw there was a new version 4.3.18  Downloaded, ran the installer, moved along until it installed directx 9.  then just hangs.....  nothing nada no go...  waited awhile nothing, sat down laptop and returned 10-15 minutes later, still sitting there so I finally hit cancel.......  nothing nada uhh uhhh.  Had to start task manager to kill it.  O.K.   Rerun the installer, gets to same place, wash rinse repeat.........

go back to programs and features and uninstall LOR, that has install date of today.  ok,  Go back to version 4.3.14 run the installer.  Whizzes right along, installs (takes a bit but it did)  Ran it, chose the sequence path, everything okee dokee.  

Where did I go wrong??

8 minutes ago, bdwillie said:

OK,,  What did I do wrong???  Version 4.3.14 installed and worked great!  No issues, until.......Goofing around I saw there was a new version 4.3.18  Downloaded, ran the installer, moved along until it installed directx 9.  then just hangs.....  nothing nada no go...  waited awhile nothing, sat down laptop and returned 10-15 minutes later, still sitting there so I finally hit cancel.......  nothing nada uhh uhhh.  Had to start task manager to kill it.  O.K.   Rerun the installer, gets to same place, wash rinse repeat.........

go back to programs and features and uninstall LOR, that has install date of today.  ok,  Go back to version 4.3.14 run the installer.  Whizzes right along, installs (takes a bit but it did)  Ran it, chose the sequence path, everything okee dokee.  

Where did I go wrong??

Did you just run it through the upgrade process or try to install new version? Id try upgrade. The only problem I had from your working version to .18 was in SS but Brian helped me fix that.

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

Did you just run it through the upgrade process or try to install new version? Id try upgrade. The only problem I had from your working version to .18 was in SS but Brian helped me fix that.

Installed new version,  will try the upgrade

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I think you can do it through the Console, very top.

Nope, that just tells me how to upgrade the licence.. Durn it!!  

yup, got the key.  will re-read the link in a bit!  Dinner time!  BTW.  Thanks for the help!  Much appreciated!  Will solder on after dinner

After much digging discovered the laptop had a corrupt windows update file going on.  Had to fix that as it seemed to have the hard drive near 100% usage.  Now have that fixed, and all the updates that failed have installed, so will go try again and let ya know

TADA  Went right through without a hitch!  Updated!  Thanks for the handholding dibblejr!  Apparently the corrupt windows update files had the old laptop too confused to install the new version.  Up and running again!:D

On 3/20/2017 at 4:36 PM, bdwillie said:

After much digging discovered the laptop had a corrupt windows update file going on.  Had to fix that as it seemed to have the hard drive near 100% usage.  Now have that fixed, and all the updates that failed have installed, so will go try again and let ya know

Yep, full hard drive will cause all kinds of issues.  Time to do some housecleaning and/or larger/more hard drives.  Fortunately hard drives have gotten so inexpensive that adding capacity is not that hard to do.

Glad you got the install resolved.