• Announcements

    • LORAdmin

      S5 Beta Comments   07/16/2017

      Please keep all comments about S5 in the Open Beta General Comments section. This will help the developers by only have to look in one area of the forums for comments/questions/concerns about S5.
Mega Arch

NON-GFCI-TRIPPING PVC MINI TREES

37 posts in this topic

I don't know why yours is different from mine.
The only message I am getting there are messages "Upgrade Ad Free for $2.49 a month. All of my pics and links are exactly how I have had them since I joined FB.
Do/ did you have some type of business account or something?
Even if I paid $2.49 a month for ad free, it would be close to 10 years for me to reach your $
My links still work here, did have that glitch during the mini but I attributed that to the hotel wifi..
I always told my wife that if the photo storing sites ever wanted to hold us hostage they could easily do it and yours is my case in point. I'd have to find another host for that price or any price.
JR


Nope. Not a business account. Just the free personal use one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your ISP account may include a block of Free storage for use for Web pages or files. I use filezilla (versions for All OS) to FTP the files to the designated locations (see 'your account' pages at your ISP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

That's so random. Maybe they haven't caught up to me yet. Let me check my old posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, you are absolutely correct! Mine are now appearing just as you said.

However, the forum where I am a moderator and a few other forums still show my content.

I wonder if it is an LOR hosting issue or related?

i guess Dropbox will be linked from now on. I had to upgrade for sequence sharing but the price is not even close to $399

JR

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Yes, you are absolutely correct! Mine are now appearing just as you said.

However, the forum where I am a moderator and a few other forums still show my content.

I wonder if it is an LOR hosting issue or related?

i guess Dropbox will be linked from now on. I had to upgrade for sequence sharing but the price is not even close to $399

JR

Tapatalk is great for this LOR forums site. Like I said before, Using LOR directly only allows 4 likes per day & that's if I remembered to log out. Tapatalk is unlimited likes as best I can tell.

And back to picture posting - it's as easy as it is sending a picture in a text message. Just grab it and send.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mega Arch said:

Tapatalk is great for this LOR forums site. Like I said before, Using LOR directly only allows 4 likes per day & that's if I remembered to log out. Tapatalk is unlimited likes as best I can tell.

And back to picture posting - it's as easy as it is sending a picture in a text message. Just grab it and send.

Thanks Dan, I don't like change but once again have a decision to make. Every forum I am on has tapatalk and I always wondered wth it was but I guess now will be my chance. 

I will be recovering all of my 10,000 photos off FB this weekend. Gonna take forever. Just a matter of time before they lock us all out and twist our arms to recover our photos. Sorta like waterboarding! LOL

I am glad you posted that or it would have been a while.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Your ISP account may include a block of Free storage for use for Web pages or files. I use filezilla (versions for All OS) to FTP the files to the designated locations (see 'your account' pages at your ISP

That's way over my head.. I am good at the free sites but suck when it comes down to the verbage in our ISP stuff.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to figure, the internet sites that provide free stuff suck everyone in (like me) for years. Then they see the $ signs on the wall and figure out a method to separate us from our hard earned cash. All legal! Billionaires over night.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, going back to the mini tree discussion.  I had hoped to one day make mini trees - I have about 10 tomato cages in my shed for that very purpose (just never got around to making them yet).  What if I were to wrap the tomato cage wire in fabric to keep them from being in direct contact with the lights?  Would that avoid potential GFCI trips?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So, going back to the mini tree discussion.  I had hoped to one day make mini trees - I have about 10 tomato cages in my shed for that very purpose (just never got around to making them yet).  What if I were to wrap the tomato cage wire in fabric to keep them from being in direct contact with the lights?  Would that avoid potential GFCI trips?


Most people don't have a huge problem with tomato cage trees tripping GFCIs anyway. Especially if you buy quality sealed LED strands to wrap them with.

I'd be afraid most fabrics would still let through current when wet, and probably would start to mold sooner than you'd like.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

 


Most people don't have a huge problem with tomato cage trees tripping GFCIs anyway. Especially if you buy quality sealed LED strands to wrap them with.

I'd be afraid most fabrics would still let through current when wet, and probably would start to mold sooner than you'd like.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Thanks.  I've also seen videos where people spray painted their tomato cages with a rubberized paint - wonder if that would be a good option as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now