Light-O-Rama Forums

BAT LPL FILE

Debbi13

Good Afternoon:

Does anyone have a bat lpf file.

I am now adding them to our show this year and can' find a file and I am AWFUL at drawing.

Thanks

Debbi

You got me with the subject - I was asking what the heck is an LPL file, until I saw you wanted a Prop (LPF) file.  I assume you mean a prop of the flying mammal common in Halloween displays and not a baseball bat (I'm watching the World Baseball Classic as I type this)...

Since the prop in Visualizer needs to match the actual lights, It would help if you told us what your actual prop looks like.

5 hours ago, Debbi13 said:

Good Afternoon:

Does anyone have a bat lpf file.

I am now adding them to our show this year and can' find a file and I am AWFUL at drawing.

Thanks

Debbi

If you find a picture online you can transpose it to MS Paint or whatever you use and use a layover and trace it. At one time I thought I saw a bat LPF but couldn't find it tonight.

JR

Hi JR:

I actually found one on the LOR program under add a prop...worked out awesome.

Thank you for all the help that you have given me. 

I am slowly working on Mad Russian's....I will finish it before Christmas...somehom lol

I have done a couple of songs sequencing the singing pumpkins.  I am currently working on Uptown Funk and finished Godzilla which was a lot of fun.

Papagayo was hard to use at first but I am getting better.  I know I am probably not doing it perfect, but it is pretty good, I think.

I still haven't found a good tutorial for papagayo...nothing that goes really into the basics of the program. 

I think my biggest problem is getting it on the right marker/line of the music.  The Papagayo program shows the number is increments of 24, and my program on LOR is not that.

What I do right now is just listen to see how the music/words hit that beat and then subdivide that timing mark (?) to the number of mouth movements for that particular part.

Is that the right way?

Debbi

10 minutes ago, Debbi13 said:

Hi JR:

I actually found one on the LOR program under add a prop...worked out awesome.

Thank you for all the help that you have given me. 

I am slowly working on Mad Russian's....I will finish it before Christmas...somehom lol

I have done a couple of songs sequencing the singing pumpkins.  I am currently working on Uptown Funk and finished Godzilla which was a lot of fun.

Papagayo was hard to use at first but I am getting better.  I know I am probably not doing it perfect, but it is pretty good, I think.

I still haven't found a good tutorial for papagayo...nothing that goes really into the basics of the program. 

I think my biggest problem is getting it on the right marker/line of the music.  The Papagayo program shows the number is increments of 24, and my program on LOR is not that.

What I do right now is just listen to see how the music/words hit that beat and then subdivide that timing mark (?) to the number of mouth movements for that particular part.

Is that the right way?

Debbi

The best way to get it right- when you get to a word, back up each block and play a small section. If you hear the voice even the tiniest bit back up again until you hear nothing dealing with the voice. Some singers you can actually hear the start of a word quite a few blocks "S"'s are common.

Papagayo gives you a basic understanding but leaves the sequence really flashy and you still have to move stuff around. Really fast songs like that Devil went down to GA was extremely bad after papagayo (I showed some of the guys here) the before and after I spent time cleaning (redoing) it in SE.

Good luck. itsMeBob  (Bob) has probably the best tutorial. Its basically the only honest one I found. I spent several years trying to figure out lip movements and until I joined LOR and found Bobs tutorial could not for the life of me figure it out. I purchased every sequence.

May I add, a great set of professional headphones with EQ adjustments assist a great deal with picking up the background singers, noises and sometimes the main voice. They are expensive but well worth it.

Best of luck.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:23 PM, k6ccc said:

You got me with the subject - I was asking what the heck is an LPL file, until I saw you wanted a Prop (LPF) file.  I assume you mean a prop of the flying mammal common in Halloween displays and not a baseball bat (I'm watching the World Baseball Classic as I type this)...

Since the prop in Visualizer needs to match the actual lights, It would help if you told us what your actual prop looks like.

Hi Jim:  I didn't see that error until you wrote me.

And I did  find one that was in the LOR program and worked great. 

Thanks