Light-O-Rama Forums

Upgrade Sequencer

mmais68569

I am currently running 3.9.0 & see an update to 3.12.0 but my license will not cover 3.12.0 what is the cost of the upgrade & how do I do it.

Also while at it what is the cost of the Pro version with pixel sequencing?

Thanks Mike 

4 minutes ago, mmais68569 said:

I am currently running 3.9.0 & see an update to 3.12.0 but my license will not cover 3.12.0 what is the cost of the upgrade & how do I do it.

Also while at it what is the cost of the Pro version with pixel sequencing?

Thanks Mike 

http://www1.lightorama.com/software-license-retrieval/

This link should help you determine your answer.

JR

I just installed 3.12.0 & found out I am not covered under current license & need to go back to 3.9.0. It said to delete 3.12.0 but can not find it & do not want to delete LOR program as I will lose all my information, how do I go back to 3.9.0

Mike

To move back to 3.9 you will need to uninstall 3.12. The uninstall is done by using the windows control panel and uninstall a program. The uninstall will not remove any of your LOR sequences. HOWEVER you should always have your sequences backed up,     

Once the 3.12 is removed you can download 3.9 from the software download page (near the bottom)  ....  http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/   Then run the installer to get 3.9 onto the machine. 

If you have problems you can get help from the LOR help desk at: http://helpdesk.lightorama.com/  

20 hours ago, mmais68569 said:

I just installed 3.12.0 & found out I am not covered under current license & need to go back to 3.9.0. It said to delete 3.12.0 but can not find it & do not want to delete LOR program as I will lose all my information, how do I go back to 3.9.0

Mike

Dan told you how to remove 3.12.0, but the FAR better solution is to either pay for a renewal so you can get to a current S4 version, or upgrade your license level (which will automatically renew for one year).  A straight renewal is $29.95, and that would allow you to install the latest S4 version, and whatever releases come out for the next year, but your license level would stay at whatever you have now.  You did not mention what license level you currently have so I can't answer what an upgrade would cost, but this page can answer that question:  http://store.lightorama.com/s2soup.html

I am currently running 3.9.0

So Jim if I read you correct for $29.95 license renewal I can upgrade all the way to 

ShowTime Sequencing Suite S4  4.3.18

Mike

3 minutes ago, mmais68569 said:

So Jim if I read you correct for $29.95 license renewal I can upgrade all the way to 

Mike

Yes. A license renewal always allows you to run the latest software, and then some. It'll be explained when you look at your license stats.

5 minutes ago, Don said:

Yes. A license renewal always allows you to run the latest software, and then some. It'll be explained when you look at your license stats.

Thanks that is what I will do in the morning. I played with Xlights all day & still can not figure it out. Guess old age is keeping me from learning any new tricks.

Mike

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mmais68569 said:

Thanks that is what I will do in the morning. I played with Xlights all day & still can not figure it out. Guess old age is keeping me from learning any new tricks.

Mike

It's not for everybody, but you can get on there forum and ask questions or do a little reading. Before you go any further.

PM me with more information on what you have to control and I might be able to help you with which product might work better. And just because I use xlights does mean that that's what I think will work for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mmais68569 said:

Mike

Correct + anything that will be released in the next year.  It does NOT upgrade your current license level.  If you do plan on upgrading your license level, DON'T spend the $29.95 on the renewal because buying an upgrade also functions as a renewal.

1 hour ago, mmais68569 said:

Mike

I attempted as well just because integrated papagayo, alone I couldn't even get passed the setup steps!

I was assisted by another good person, what a mess.

I guess I am set in my ways.

JR

9 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Correct + anything that will be released in the next year.  It does NOT upgrade your current license level.  If you do plan on upgrading your license level, DON'T spend the $29.95 on the renewal because buying an upgrade also functions as a renewal.

Looks like the upgrade is $50

Advanced to pro

So the renewal will only get me the same 3.9.0?

Mike

The upgrade will get you 4.3.18 and Pro and any upgrades for the next year. ($50)

A renewal will get you 4.3.18 in the advanced. ($29.95)

Edited by Mr. P

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

The upgrade will get you 4.3.18 and Pro and any upgrades for the next year. ($50)

A renewal will get you 4.3.18 in the advanced. ($29.95)

The renewal will get you to the current 4.3.18 PLUS any future release that is released withing the next year, but as Mr. P said, you would remain at an Advanced license level.