Light-O-Rama Forums

Layer Priority Feature

BrianBruderer

Folks have asked for a "Layer Priority Feature" for quite some time. I have it working on my computer. The idea is that effects on a layer with a higher number appear in front of effects with a lower number. So it allows you to place effects in front of each other.

Formerly, the effects were either mixed, or if there was a "channel collision" between two effects, the shortest command was thrown out. For backward compatibility the old "mixing" method is still supported.

But it is expected that most folks will want to enable the "Layer Priority Feature." With the "Layer Priority Feature" enabled you have control what appears in front of each other, additionally, for each effect you can set it as transparent, semi-transparent, and solid. Descriptions are below:

Transparent makes the colors "mix", so areas where a red and green effect overlap will be yellow.

Semi-transparent - this is the setting that you will most commonly want to use. With Semi-transparent, areas of full color are opaque, and areas of lower color are increasingly transparent. For example, a morph with a red tail that is in front of a blue background will appear red towards the head of the morph and the blue background will partially appear through the tail of the morph. In other words, it is the way a meteor or shooting star would appear on a blue background.

Solid - this setting would commonly be used with images. With solid, the color of the effect will be used for effects that are on top. For example, with a solid image, all colors in the image will appear on top regardless of the intensity of the color in the image.

Below is a sequence I did to the song "Hallelujah" sung by Kaylee Rodgers. Much of the sequence uses horizontal and vertical morphs in an interlacing pattern. Notice that some are above and some are below. Also, note most the images are on top. Starting at 2:38 there are white stars, note that the stars are interlaced between the other effects, in other words the stars are in front of some effects and underneath other effects.

Here is a horizontal version:

• Like 1

It will be in beta release of S5. I am not authorized to make guesses as to when that will be, but the programmers at LOR are working hard to make that be as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Fantastic!

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

excellent news Brian! can we expect other additions as well? (i.e. twinkle/shimmer software, excluding pixels in viseffects, )??

A software controlled twinkle/shimmer and excluding pixels in visEffects is no my list, but integration with the Sequence Editor is my first priority right now.