PhilMassey

Tesla Model 3 Easter Egg.

15 posts in this topic

Well, I suppose it's more of a Christmas egg......

1 person likes this

That's pretty cool, could make a nice Halloween prop. Its an expensive prop though.

JR

Just now, dibblejr said:

That's pretty cool, could make a nice Halloween prop. Its an expensive prop though.

JR

Imagine replicating this in a non-Tesla car - I've been thinking about this and what modifications could be necessary to do this.

1 minute ago, lightingnewb said:

Imagine replicating this in a non-Tesla car - I've been thinking about this and what modifications could be necessary to do this.

There are companies selling RGB stuff for cars and trucks. I wonder what the owner above had to do.

I thought the rear doors looked more like it was flying until he mentioned the "ears" then I could see that as well.

JR

Some of us have way to much time on our hands. LOL

JR

Nothing to do with the owner, Its a Tesla Easter egg, hidden in the software.All the cars of this model have it.

10 hours ago, dibblejr said:

There are companies selling RGB stuff for cars and trucks. I wonder what the owner above had to do.

I thought the rear doors looked more like it was flying until he mentioned the "ears" then I could see that as well.

JR

10 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Nothing to do with the owner, Its a Tesla Easter egg, hidden in the software.All the cars of this model have it.

Phil is correct - it's an Easter Egg. What I want to do is somehow re-create this Easter egg by using the computer of a non-Tesla car. I wonder what components I would need...

3 minutes ago, lightingnewb said:

Phil is correct - it's an Easter Egg. What I want to do is somehow re-create this Easter egg by using the computer of a non-Tesla car. I wonder what components I would need...

I'm not up on Teslas, I figured it was a mod! LOL

I will stick to my paid off Tundra, I prefer mud. But it is pretty cool.

JR

1 person likes this

Pretty cool!!! If only we were getting a Model X instead of a Model S!!! . . . I just can't stand the way the Model X's look. Oh well, to each their own!!

Matt, I also prefer the look of the S, but out of my budget.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

On 3/18/2017 at 9:59 AM, k6ccc said:

Matt, I also prefer the look of the S, but out of my budget....

We have each been making a car payment to ourselves every month for several years now, and thankfully that has allowed us to settle on the Model S. (And a different new car for me too) Had it not been for my partner being very persistent on saving (and us giving up a lot of "fun stuff" in life for a while) I don't think the Model S would be in our budget either. . .

I don't think I'll ever be able to look at a pack of instant Ramen again without getting PTSD to the years of saving! :lol:

1 person likes this

I have a 3 on order (probably around position 150,000-ish), but I'm not sure if I will go through with it or not.  Loosing the 5K rebate from the Govt already pushes me on the side of no, and depending on the cost of the options that may push me completely over the edge.

I only drive around 6K miles per year.  Even when you factor in the cost of gas plus a high-end standard to low-end luxury vehicle, the 3 does not look as competitive right now.   I just purchased a new 2017 Camry XSE with all the big options except telemetry, which is what I would consider a high-end standard vehicle.  The Sticker was 34.3K After some intense negotiation I paid 26.5K out the door.  At 35K, the Model 3 will have to come base with all the features my current car has - and I doubt they are going to negotiate :)

really want the car, but from a best-bang-for-the-buck stance it may not happen :(.

49 minutes ago, DevMike said:

I have a 3 on order (probably around position 150,000-ish), but I'm not sure if I will go through with it or not.  Loosing the 5K rebate from the Govt already pushes me on the side of no, and depending on the cost of the options that may push me completely over the edge.

I only drive around 6K miles per year.  Even when you factor in the cost of gas plus a high-end standard to low-end luxury vehicle, the 3 does not look as competitive right now.   I just purchased a new 2017 Camry XSE with all the big options except telemetry, which is what I would consider a high-end standard vehicle.  The Sticker was 34.3K After some intense negotiation I paid 26.5K out the door.  At 35K, the Model 3 will have to come base with all the features my current car has - and I doubt they are going to negotiate :)

really want the car, but from a best-bang-for-the-buck stance it may not happen :(.

Its nice not to have a car payment. Well at least for a month. Paid off the wifes car (our 4th) last year. A month later a undocumented, unlicensed, stolen tag guy blew a red light and totaled our Acura TL and you know you never get the 100% value.

Luckily it happened in front of a patrol car. The Acura was so nicely mfgd that we did not feel a thing. The guy took off on foot and I persued until the officers told me to stop. They were friends of mine. They collected him up but they could not arrest due to dream act. Of course he did not show up for court and my insurance had to pay up.

Now we have another car payment :(

I actually considered pre ordering a Tesla but I reconsidered. I couldn't imagine having 3 on order.

JR

On 3/25/2017 at 2:09 AM, DevMike said:

I have a 3 on order

Ha Ha. I first read that as 

I have 3 on order

(missed the a Then thought "LOR must be making huge profits if Mike can afford to buy three Teslas."

LOL :)

"should have gone to Specsavers"

On 3/24/2017 at 9:03 AM, dibblejr said:

Its nice not to have a car payment. Well at least for a month. Paid off the wifes car (our 4th) last year. A month later a undocumented, unlicensed, stolen tag guy blew a red light and totaled our Acura TL and you know you never get the 100% value.

Luckily it happened in front of a patrol car. The Acura was so nicely mfgd that we did not feel a thing. The guy took off on foot and I persued until the officers told me to stop. They were friends of mine. They collected him up but they could not arrest due to dream act. Of course he did not show up for court and my insurance had to pay up.

Now we have another car payment :(

I actually considered pre ordering a Tesla but I reconsidered. I couldn't imagine having 3 on order.

JR

I initially read it as that :o

Then I remembered there was going to be a  model priced closer to Earth.