Light-O-Rama Forums

FM transmitter

Jeffery m

The price needs to be factored against quality and durability. I purchased the EDM-LCD-RDS-EP in 2009, have used it for 8 seasons, and it still sounds great!

I paid $235, so if you divide that by the time I've been using it, it's less than $30/year.

It's in the garage, connected with a cable to a vertical antenna on the roof.

Signstek 0.5 W 05B Dual Mode Long Range Stereo Broadcast Home FM Transmitter with Antenna and Free Audio Cable*Fashion Silver* https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C91NAEG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_b3mUybH9YBMF0

Used this one last year (1st year) and it worked great. Put it on my front window sill and works about two blocks each way down the road. My house is about 150 feet from the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Steven said:

The price needs to be factored against quality and durability. I purchased the EDM-LCD-RDS-EP in 2009, have used it for 8 seasons, and it still sounds great!

I paid $235, so if you divide that by the time I've been using it, it's less than $30/year.

It's in the garage, connected with a cable to a vertical antenna on the roof.

So far, the quality and durability of my 05B seems fine.  It's been about 5 1/2 years, and I run it almost all year.  $60 delivered.  Less than $1/month.  ;)

I am running an Vast FM02, they are not made anymore. I run it off a USB 2.0 sound card off my Pi. Hooked up to a quarter wave antenna, i get a good 300 yards with it.