Light-O-Rama Forums

First time sequencing

Thebug

First time?  Impressive, great job, wonderful song.  When I do lights around the windows and roof line similar to how your have your setup I use fade up and fade down to transition between on and off.  This adds a more natural flow rather completely on then bang off.  Just my suggestion but I really like your work.

• Like 1

You can get it free from the piano guys website. I love this song Peter Hollins, David Archuleta, the Piano Guys and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Edited by Thebug

2 hours ago, Thebug said:

Here is my second song  that I finished just recently 

Flashing on and off gets obnoxious pretty quickly... usually in about 20 seconds or so.  We've gotta get you past that stage as soon as possible.

As mentioned previously, fades can help a lot.  Personally, I'm not much of a fan of fading up, because that confuses the brain which is looking for a connection between the lights and the the song's beat or rhythm.  Fading down is a different story, but you don't want to get carried away with that either.

Try using a low intensity setting - something like 25% for LED's or maybe 40-50% for incans - instead of OFF and see how that looks.  Again, not something you want to do all the time, but much easier on the eyes and nerves than constant flashing.

Edited by George Simmons

3 hours ago, Rickster said:

First time?  Impressive, great job, wonderful song.  When I do lights around the windows and roof line similar to how your have your setup I use fade up and fade down to transition between on and off.  This adds a more natural flow rather completely on then bang off.  Just my suggestion but I really like your work.

I added fades to the end of things and it made it better thanks. 

40 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

Try using a low intensity setting - something like 25% for LED's or maybe 40-50% for incans - instead of OFF and see how that looks.  Again, not something you want to do all the time, but much easier on the eyes and nerves than constant flashing.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by saying use the low intensity. So my question is when and how? Can you show me a screen shot or video link?

Thanks for the feedback thus far and keep it coming 

Edited by Thebug

I added fades to the end of things and it made it better thanks. 

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by saying use the low intensity. So my question is when and how? Can you show me a screen shot or video link?

Thanks for the feedback thus far and keep it coming 

This video I threw together just now might help. To access the settings for the Intensity tool, use the "Tools" drop down, then left click "Intensity Tool Settings" and then select the percentage you want to use. While the Intensity tool is selected, you can edit the intensity of any channel you want. I hope this helps!

I'm suggesting that you use it instead of OFF sometimes.  It will help you get rid of some of the flashing.  Go to :32 on Christmas Eve / Sarajevo and look at your roofline flashing on and off.  Try using a lower intensity setting instead of OFF on the roofline and see if you like it better.

Really nice job on the TSO song.  But on the first song, didn't seem like a good song and lights action sync.  For me, it was a slow, prodding song that may not lend itself to a lot of flashiness.  Maybe more fading in/out instead of hard on/off.  The TSO song just seemed much tigher as far as syncing and as a resultg, wasmnuch more enjoyable, at least for me. 

8 hours ago, George Simmons said:

I'm suggesting that you use it instead of OFF sometimes.  It will help you get rid of some of the flashing.  Go to :32 on Christmas Eve / Sarajevo and look at your roofline flashing on and off.  Try using a lower intensity setting instead of OFF on the roofline and see if you like it better.

8 hours ago, lightingnewb said:

This video I threw together just now might help. To access the settings for the Intensity tool, use the "Tools" drop down, then left click "Intensity Tool Settings" and then select the percentage you want to use. While the Intensity tool is selected, you can edit the intensity of any channel you want. I hope this helps.

is this what you mean? and thanks so much for the feed back and the help 

2 hours ago, mpageler said:

Maybe more fading in/out instead of hard on/off. 

15 hours ago, Rickster said:

When I do lights around the windows and roof line similar to how your have your setup I use fade up and fade down to transition between on and off.  This adds a more natural flow rather completely on then bang off.

15 hours ago, dibblejr said:

fades work great at beginning and end. Great job

better? 

1 hour ago, Thebug said:

is this what you mean? and thanks so much for the feed back and the help 

One thing you could try,and by the way nice job for your first time, On the house lights, instead of using them on every hit, try using them for the guitar part that holds the note them let them fade with that punch. Use you mini trees with the hits, turn the white on with the first hit with a fade then the green on the next just alternating. This will eliminate the "flashy" part and will still accent the beats of the song. You can use the Mega and Spiral trees for the movement as eye candy along with your arches as they should be the major focal points of your display.

SPaschall

I'm thinking of doing this as my opening at the beginning of the show. thoughts? improvements?

Here is my third song. What should i do to improve other than improve my videoing skills 

Edited by Thebug
posted wrong video

I'm thinking of doing this as my opening at the beginning of the show. thoughts? improvements?

Your sequencing is improving noticeably.  Keep up the good work.

I approve of your use of the song to open the show.  Here's why:

1 hour ago, George Simmons said:

I approve of your use of the song to open the show.  Here's why:

that is fun