Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy and paste.

Sparky4u

Quick question for you all. I know you will have the answer with all the vast knowledge out there.  When I copy and paste part of a sequence I notice it starts to drift off of the timing lines.  Is there a way of correcting this?  Thank you. 

That would most likely mean whoever shared their sequence used different timings than you have. Timing marks are in the background to the actual actions. Try changing your paste to "paste by time" instead of the default "paste by cell". 

29 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

That would most likely mean whoever shared their sequence used different timings than you have. Timing marks are in the background to the actual actions. Try changing your paste to "paste by time" instead of the default "paste by cell". 

If it was my Halloween Sequence you will have to copy into the correct mouth movement. I used a different setting for my weird shaped pumpkin mouths. Your UN looks familiar.

If not one of my Halloween sequences Dan would be correct. Also did you run your MP3 through Audacity? 128kbps and constant bit rate in the options tab?

JR

I am referring to my own sequencing.  When I do some programming and want to copy and paste from an earlier time.   Thank you. 

47 minutes ago, Sparky4u said:

My settings are set to paste by time?

Well, then you should be fine. Unless the artist changed tempo a tad, which happens. In that case, that could be why it's off. Go to paste by cell if it's freeform. Or, up on the right top, click on timings. Might have selected a different one this time than when you programmed the first part. 

Edited by Mega Arch

Another issue might be the audio file itself.  There are lots of songs that have been done and released in many versions by the same artist.  There's almost always going to be some drift from one song to the other.  Minimize this by making sure you're using the EXACT same song version as the original sequence(r).

Using either the paste by time option or the stretch-to-fit paste option is recommended for sequences obtained from others.

The timing marks you use have absolutely no effect on existing lighting events that have been previously sequenced.  I'd focus instead on whether the sequencing matches the music.

Edited by George Simmons

worked it out. I went and. Hanged all the settings in the paste area and set them back to default.  Now it is working correctly.  Thank you to all.