Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding a 6 section star?

brichi

I bought a 6 section, 270 pixel star from Holidaycoro, getting it all setup is fine hardware wise but how are you guys setting up stars like this in visualizer for SS, SE or PE? I tried in VI and then imported into SS but it doesn't seemed to have carried over correct, doesn't layout the program boxes correctly 

Learn how to use the SuperStar setting within Visualizer which will place elements on the SuperStar grid exactly where you want them.  Likely will take a little trial and error to learn it, but once you figure it out, it will do exactly what you want it to do.  The one tip I will tell you is that if you are using a horizontal arrangement when you import the visualization into SuperStar (as I am below), you have to mentally reverse row and column.  For example, this is the grid in SuperStar I used for 2016:

SuperStar_grid.png

The sort of pyramid shaped section starting at row 18 (from the bottom) is my 360 channel pixel star.

thanks K6! so theres literally like a Superstar are in the visualizer program? I was looking for something but didn't see anything in Visualizer related to SS

On both props and fixtures, there is a button for SuperStar. Click the button to get a screen of options. Read the docs to explain how to use it and after playing with it, ask here for whatever you can't figure out.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

• The topic was locked