Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega tree pixel mounting strips

robongar

RGB pixel mounting strips for a pixel mega tree:-
3 supplies that I've seen, Holidaycoro, Bosco & LOR. All have different designs and prices. 
Has anybody got any advise, on the good, bad and the ugly?

I used Boscoyo for my bullet pixels on my tree. They worked great. Just be prepared to have some sore hands from pushing the pixels into the holes in the strips.

Here's a fellow from whom I bought a pixel jig set that he prints out: 

tim.btsi@gmail.com

There's a base (that can be screwed down to your work bench) through which slides the pixel strip.  It holds the strips perfectly tight, yet allows easy movement.  There are also a number of plastic "pushers" in different sizes and shapes for use in pushing different styles of pixels into the strips.  Bye-bye forever to sore pixel-pushing fingers.

Edited by George Simmons

1 hour ago, George Simmons said:

There are also a number of plastic "pushers" in different sizes and shapes for use in pushing different styles of pixels into the strips. 

Where?? Would love to get one specifically made for this. I usually use a socket wrench or a pair of pliers.

Thanks

I saw it in one of the lighting groups on FB.  Can't remember which.  Email the guy.  I got a set from him a few weeks ago and love 'em.

On 2/22/2017 at 8:37 PM, cdlouke said:

I used Boscoyo for my bullet pixels on my tree. They worked great. Just be prepared to have some sore hands from pushing the pixels into the holes in the strips.

Or if you have a 3D printer, or know some one who does, you can use this.....http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?46157-NEW-pixel-jig-for-boscoyo-strips

9 hours ago, George Simmons said:

Yup - that's the same item.  Works great!

Glad to hear that, i just ordered the RBL adapters from him ,looking at getting a 3D printer, if so i am thinking of printing that up. My thumbs cant handle it anymore.

I'm not saying that one's better than the other but I just thought I would put this in here because a few people had me convinced I bought the wrong ones until I tested them myself.

• Like 2

They are open for business but they had their server moved recently. I have been in communication with them over the past several days. If you send them an email they will reply.

JR

2 hours ago, Ebuechner said:

I'm not saying that one's better than the other but I just thought I would put this in here because a few people had me convinced I bought the wrong ones until I tested them myself.

I don't see any problems at all. That's a test doubt you will get those type of winds outside a twister! Nice,

JR

12 hours ago, Ebuechner said:

you didn't have to go to all that work, I use that stuff and this winter it got a workout.  We had 70mph micro-burst amplified by how the wind comes down our alleyway.  NO DAMAGE, our tree came down but that was due to not enough sand bags.

52 minutes ago, caniac said:

you didn't have to go to all that work, I use that stuff and this winter it got a workout.  We had 70mph micro-burst amplified by how the wind comes down our alleyway.  NO DAMAGE, our tree came down but that was due to not enough sand bags.

Chet- you have to admit it was entertaining. I couldn't replicate that with my arms. If the HC stuff can take that type of abuse I can only imagine what the boscoyo original strips can take. I should be receiving mine any day. Reading the title I couldn't imagine what he was going to do, I was awaiting it to be connected to a vehicle and a stretch test performed.

JR

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Chet- you have to admit it was entertaining. I couldn't replicate that with my arms. If the HC stuff can take that type of abuse I can only imagine what the boscoyo original strips can take. I should be receiving mine any day. Reading the title I couldn't imagine what he was going to do, I was awaiting it to be connected to a vehicle and a stretch test performed.

JR

I had the same thought.

When I did that test I was pulling pretty damn hard on those things to simulate a worst-case scenario. Next will be a stretch test between two elephants. ( who's supplying the elephants?)

I had a few people who just absolutely hate holiday Coro telling me that the strips were junk and that the pixels would pop out (so I tested) . I wouldn't buy all of holiday Coro products but the strip seemed to work fine.

There seems to be a couple people on this forum that go out of their way to jump in wherever they can and say as many negative things about holiday Coro as they can. 

One thing I learned about using these strips they will like to twist in the Wind so get some PEX tubing and make a couple of Hoops to just rest inside the strip on your tree horizontally. The hoop doesn't have to be fastened to the strip just resting in between the pixels on the wires.

• Like 2