Light-O-Rama Forums

Definitely dark in 2017

Jaynee

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:59 AM, Mr. P said:

Sorry all but I am the opposite. I will live in a house until I die but I won't be doing the lights forever so the house has priority. Whichever house I happen to be in I will just tailor the lights to it until I just can't do it anymore. 

My current house is three stories and I don't see myself climbing a 40 foot ladder to get to the roof to hang lights when when I am 70 but I won't sell just so I can keep up the lights. It all must come to an end sooner or later :D

Big workshop in back or a big front yard? Hmmm. I'll take the workshop.

This is why I am trying to figure out an easier way to get lights up at 50' without renting a lift. My hoist system works good for my singing Santa but not sure I could manage my entire multi peak roof line and have it match 100%. Because of the slope at the front would need an 80' latter to safely get to the peak and that is not going to happen with me or anyone I know on it. That's why I use the whole house for xmas but only 1/2 at Halloween, to expensive to rent for two holidays. (4 rental fees)

I am thinking that with the RGB's I can hopefully set them up at Halloween and just change the colors in sequencing for Christmas. But I still would like to do away with the lift altogether.

JR

2 hours ago, TheDucks said:

So how many of us are (ex) Military with active duty?

Navy 8Y (+2 reserve)

Since you brought it to light maybe you could start a "Military/ Ex Military" thread. Figured to give you first on it not to steal your thunder.

JR

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

Since you brought it to light maybe you could start a "Military/ Ex Military" thread. Figured to give you first on it not to steal your thunder.

JR

25Y :o Not many with that much at any of my duty stations.

Go for it, I am the short timer for Mil service. 

(Or maybe a Mod could split this thread)

I had to show the original post to my wife. She got a kick out of it! We sold our house on 04/26 and we're currently living with her parents. Besides a few things on the inside she wants it has to have the right size front yard or corner lot. I'm hoping we can do our show this year because I've got a bunch new props to build and many new sequences. If we don't, I know 2018 will be in full swing!

Later,

Al

• Like 1

On 5/21/2017 at 8:27 AM, Mega Arch said:

It's May - you'll change your mind when it gets closer.

Nope.  I haven't opened up my LOR programming since we initially made the decision to sell the house, nor since we decided NOT to sell the house.  I've not looked at buying anything this year, which in and of itself is a big change from previous years even before I got involved with doing a light show.

We are most definitely not doing a show this year.  

• The topic was locked