Light-O-Rama Forums

Big THANK YOU to K6ccc Jim

dibblejr

After I sent him a PM asking him to explain intensity files he shot me his telephone number and we spoke for just under an hour yesterday, covered intensity files and a few other topics.

That was very generous of him. Stand up guy just like everyone I have reached out to with questions. Slowly but surely getting up on pixels.

Thank you Jim

JR

56 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

After I sent him a PM asking him to explain intensity files he shot me his telephone number and we spoke for just under an hour yesterday, covered intensity files and a few other topics.

That was very generous of him. Stand up guy just like everyone I have reached out to with questions. Slowly but surely getting up on pixels.

Thank you Jim

JR

+1. Jim helped me a while back on trying to get spooled up on pixels for my first time. And he provided me the assistance over the phone as well. He's full of knowledge and a super nice guy.

2 hours ago, dibblejr said:

You are more than welcome JR.  And just for the record, our phone call was somewhat over an hour...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

You are more than welcome JR.  And just for the record, our phone call was somewhat over an hour...

I guess the first time we started to hang up must have been when I looked at my phone. Ooops. Well thanks for the extra time as well.

When I get someone on the hook that wants to help me I always get all the info they are willing to share.

JR

5 minutes ago, Ebuechner said:

If you're noticed he kept track of the time.

Just wait for the bill to come in the mail;)

Nope.  No bill. :lol: The call was on my cellphone, and it will display call times (as will most cellphones).

21 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Nope.  No bill. :lol: The call was on my cellphone, and it will display call times (as will most cellphones).

Man, you could have rolled with it. 

You could have come back with something like you charge 20 pixels an hour. Or maybe you'll barter with chickens for payment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ebuechner said:

You could have come back with something like you charge 20 pixels an hour. Or maybe you'll barter with chickens for payment.

There are things I charge for - usually stuff I don't want to do.  For example, I drive a full sized pickup.  Every once in a while I get some friend of a friend (who I don't even know) who wants me to help him move.  No problem at all - I change $75.00 per hour plus $1.50 per mile (from my door until I get back home).  It works great - they're no longer interested. :)

I know what you mean.

I'm a mechanic and I always get a ton of questions. I also own my own plow truck and occasionally I get somebody waving me down on the way to a job during a snowstorm. Or I get to pull somebody out of the ditch who shouldn't have been driving in that weather anyhow. It's amazing that when you tell them you charge for your services how it changes their mind

Words that make me cringe (can you just)

I did offer singing face sequences and some after I learn SS which won't be long.

. I've been rebuilding engines and working on cars all of my life. Will only take Vehichle in for Warranty work and only a stock vehichle at that.

Right now Toyota hating me because I refuse to let them take my truck for the recall. I told HQ send me the airbag stuff and I will fix it. I get about 3 letters a month along with telephone calls and emails. At one point they told me the dealer would let me watch, I got to dealer and they refused so I left and never went back. I will take my chance.

The last time the truck was in for service it was still under warranty. As I left after an oil change my 350 lb after market skid plate flew off and could have killed someone on interstate 65 at 70mph. I have always told them and write on the service ticket " no air tools" they didn't listen and the tech broke off all bolts. I and the state trooper s were amazed it made it 2 miles before falling off.

The first time the truck was in for service they ripped off the molding when they took it through the car wash after I said the truck gets washed by the rain.

58 minutes ago, Ebuechner said:

Spoken like a true mechanic LOL

Working on a 2006 Prius next week dealer quoted $6,500 for a wiring harness they got chewed by a critter.

Insurance company totaled the vehicle.

About 8 wires under the dash I think I can have fixed in about an hour and a half.

18 hours ago, Ebuechner said:

Working on a 2006 Prius next week dealer quoted $6,500 for a wiring harness they got chewed by a critter.

Insurance company totaled the vehicle.

About 8 wires under the dash I think I can have fixed in about an hour and a half.

I'll keep this hijacked thread going.  Recently had to replace a wiring harness for my right rear wheel sensor in my truck.  Freaking RAT cost me $450!  I used all the wood out of the wood pile so his home was no more and he decided to stay out of the rain under the truck apparently.  Needless to say there are plenty of poison bait traps strategically placed now.......ugh!

3 hours ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

I'll keep this hijacked thread going.  Recently had to replace a wiring harness for my right rear wheel sensor in my truck.  Freaking RAT cost me $450!  I used all the wood out of the wood pile so his home was no more and he decided to stay out of the rain under the truck apparently.  Needless to say there are plenty of poison bait traps strategically placed now.......ugh!

You need a very hungry snake! Place it in your truck.

I got a "rat zapper" 10 years ago. That thing is great. 

(Just to keep the hijack going)

oh yeah, jim is a very helpful person, network god.  

Edited by saxon
  • Like 1

I don't know yet if anything else got fried with this. We're dealing with the nonsense from the insurance company, and it's still sitting at the dealer waiting to be picked up. Between the dealer and the insurance company this situation has gotten really stupid. 

25 minutes ago, Ebuechner said:

I don't know yet if anything else got fried with this. We're dealing with the nonsense from the insurance company, and it's still sitting at the dealer waiting to be picked up. Between the dealer and the insurance company this situation has gotten really stupid. 

Everyone wants their cut.

I remember around 93 I left my lights in my Dodge truck in after working a 30 hour shift USMC stuff. Went to bed. Woke up truck wouldn't start. Found light switch on figured no big deal dead battery. Changed battery. No start.

it fried the entire electrical system somehow even after those fuseable links. Was cheaper to scrap the truck than replace everything. There was melted wire all over the floor boards bare wires everywhere.