Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 Test after Config ?

dibblejr

I finally got the pixie16 powered up and configured (I think). There is a lot more in the config settings that are not covered by the manual, unless I am just blind.

I currently only have 1- 50 strand WS2811 connected to chnl1. This is for testing only.

When the test runs in the "chase mode" why is it counting to 100 pixels since my configuration is only set to 50? Or am I just thinking to much?

Thanks in advance.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I wish they would make me a bunch more pixie16's pre assembled then. Instead of keeping me waiting!

thats going back a long time. 

It counted to 100 for several hours. Left it on all night checked before bed, that's when I posted this thread. Woke up and noticed the chase seemed faster. Sure enough down to 50. Prob be down to 25 in a few hours. With my luck.

The current HWU test of Pixies does not do a very good job.  We have a new version that will come out with the next release that is more intuitive.

7 minutes ago, DevMike said:

The current HWU test of Pixies does not do a very good job.  We have a new version that will come out with the next release that is more intuitive.

I was only joking about the "25". Not being critical at all, I love the fact that I have it up and running without any problems. I do wish the manual was more Step-by-step but I managed just fine.

I just didn't know why it was counting 100, I kept checking the config and scratching my head. It has been on 50 since I awoke.

Thanks Mike

JR

32 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I was only joking about the "25". Not being critical at all, I love the fact that I have it up and running without any problems. I do wish the manual was more Step-by-step but I managed just fine.

I just didn't know why it was counting 100, I kept checking the config and scratching my head. It has been on 50 since I awoke.

Thanks Mike

JR

It's all good, no offense taken.  It is (was) confusing.

This is what the new screen looks like when you have a Pixie attached:

hwu.jpg

Mike,  Nice to see an update coming out that affects the Pixie.  Not that I have a Pixie, but is there an update for Visualizer so that more than 50 pixels can be added to a LOR string?  I know several people here are anxiously awaiting that.  It's holding up sequencing for some...

Bringing this back to life.

Any pixie folks or maybe config folks out there. I had only connected 1 short strand of pixles to channel 1 and it was working all night and all day today. Took a few minutes and connected another strand to channel 16 and finally have channel 1 and 16 working but nothing in between. Do you have to have every channel connected to a strand during test mode? (based on a 24 hour test with only 1 channel, I'm guessing not)

I am hoping not because I will have a 24 row matrix leaving 8 channels open off the second controller.

I am guessing I am not doing something correctly.

Any help will be much appreciated.

• The topic was locked