Light-O-Rama Forums

HDPE white tubing supplier?

Archer

1 hour ago, manitoutheos said:

You might want to cut to size and if you can heat up sand to fill it do so with the ends up

and the heat will help straighten it out by then end laying down from the heat. You will need

to cap off the ends so keeps sand and heat inside.

I'm not so sure that will help.  This isn't PVC.. Didn't Hudson say "... it is next to impossible given the molecular structure of the extrusion"....? 

4 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

Yes, MMC is expensive for shipping. Last year, I went on an order with someone else and we split the shipping cost. It made it much more worth it.

So you mention contacting the manufacturer. Is this the place that makes the exact same product that MMC sells that we are discussing here?

Yes...the same product. They may even supply it to MMC since they are the manufacturer and MMC is a distributor.  

I am shocked, I just got the quote for 500ft of straight HDPE 2" dia in 20ft lengths and it is $2.75 a foot at the factory.......bummer.

Edited by Archer
Spelling error

20 minutes ago, Archer said:

Yes...the same product. They may even supply it to MMC since they are the manufacturer and MMC is a distributor.  

I am shocked, I just got the quote for 500ft of straight HDPE 2" dia in 20ft lengths and it is $2.75 a foot at the factory.......bummer.

Feel free to use my Coro solution instead of tubing.. only about $2.50 for an 8' section if you make several from one sheet..

18 hours ago, Archer said:

I then asked them how to straighten a 100ft coil. They told me it is next to impossible given the molecular structure of the extrusion.

I don't think they have actually tried it.

I had a 100' roll I purchased last year. I needed to straighten it out to cut precise measurements in length.

I unrolled it and tied down each end to form a straight piece. After laying out in the sun for a couple days, the form actually stayed in shape of a straight tube and did not roll back up.

Then I wanted to get the cut pieces formed into an arch. I made the attachment bar and forced the straight pieces into an arch and sat them out in the sun for a couple days to form to the new round/arch shape.

Of course the Oklahoma sun can just about melt/form anything. LOL :) 

Edited by Santas Helper
  • Like 1

Just got a reply from Hudson... 

Tom, 

We can offer the following: 

Natural HDPE Tubing 
1.750" ID x 2.00" OD x .125" wall 
Part# 17502000125210300100 
100' coils @ $89.29 /ea 

$250.00 minimum order required 

Shipping is not included - freight must be billed collect via the trucking 
carrier of your choice, shipped on an oversized skid. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to place an order.  
Your terms are payment in advance, and we can accept credit cards for a handling 
fee (1.5% Visa, MC or Disc, 2% AmEx). 

Thank you, 

Salesman name
Hudson Extrusions, Inc. 
Inside Sales 
ph: (800)837-6015 
fx: (330)653-6551 

3 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Just got a reply from Hudson... 

Tom, 

We can offer the following: 

Natural HDPE Tubing 
1.750" ID x 2.00" OD x .125" wall 
Part# 17502000125210300100 
100' coils @ $89.29 /ea 

$250.00 minimum order required 

Shipping is not included - freight must be billed collect via the trucking 
carrier of your choice, shipped on an oversized skid. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to place an order.  
Your terms are payment in advance, and we can accept credit cards for a handling 
fee (1.5% Visa, MC or Disc, 2% AmEx). 

Thank you, 

Salesman name
Hudson Extrusions, Inc. 
Inside Sales 
ph: (800)837-6015 
fx: (330)653-6551 

Nice, I may take the alternate route home this year (east of Buffalo) and pick some up and save shipping. Now if you could get Greyhound to ship it you would save big dollars. I use Greyhound for all types of large parts. Tires, hoods, doors, seats etc. Takes forever but 1/4 cost of shipping.

My quote was for 2" ID and was  $11 more at $1 per foot for the same quantity. When asked for straight pieces the min went up to 500 ft and the price went to $2.76 per ft. See the below for my correspondence.......

Kevin,

500 feet (25 pcs, 20’ each) will cost $1366.07 + handling.  The lead time is up to 2 weeks.

Regards,

Steve Knapp

Hudson Extrusions, Inc.

Inside Sales

1 minute ago, Archer said:

My quote was for 2" ID and was  $11 more at $1 per foot for the same quantity. When asked for straight pieces the min went up to 500 ft and the price went to $2.76 per ft. See the below for my correspondence.......

Kevin,

500 feet (25 pcs, 20’ each) will cost $1366.07 + handling.  The lead time is up to 2 weeks.

Regards,

Steve Knapp

Hudson Extrusions, Inc.

Inside Sales

That is a huge difference.!!!

JR

By the same token, couldn't it possibly go limp or bend on a sunny day in Dec? 

Still like the Coro way.  ha ha.

OK....I'm fixated on arches at the moment but your demo of coro is definitely convincing. 

• The topic was locked