Light-O-Rama Forums

Website counter recommendation

Al Saunders

Hi Everyone,

I have a Word press website and I'd like to add a basic site counter to it. A public counter would be nice but I just really want a plug-in that is pretty basic. You know number of hits, the time of the visit, where the visitor is from maybe length of visit. I don't need anything fancy or too hardcore as I'm not a web designer. Any recommendations from anyone else running a WP website? I'd appreciate any help. 

Thanks,

Al

4 hours ago, Al Saunders said:

Hi Everyone,

I have a Word press website and I'd like to add a basic site counter to it. A public counter would be nice but I just really want a plug-in that is pretty basic. You know number of hits, the time of the visit, where the visitor is from maybe length of visit. I don't need anything fancy or too hardcore as I'm not a web designer. Any recommendations from anyone else running a WP website? I'd appreciate any help. 

Thanks,

Al

Are you using a free WP site?

Having experience in WP through work and personal, free WP sites do not offer plugins to be installed. If you're paying, that's another story. I can research for you and find some solid ones.

Hi Lightingnewb,

It's a paid site. I have a friend that does the hosting that I pay annually but after he initially set it up I'm the only one working on it and updating it. I had a counter on it at one time but for some reason removed it and don't remember which one it was. I'd rather not use the Google one as I think you need to set up a Google account for it to run. I forgot to mention, I'm looking for a free counter, just a basic one that does what I mentioned in my original post. I appreciate the reply and any help you can give.

Hi K6ccc, thanks for the tip. I'll look into it. :)

Thanks,

Al

Hi Lightingnewb,

Thanks, I'll check that one out too. I'd say I'm only slightly tech savvy in that I'm not a programmer or definitely not a web developer. I'm obviously ok with navigating around my laptop and using LOR software and hardware. I appreciate the offer for managing our website but It's a pretty small website and I probably couldn't afford your services anyway. LOL :P

I'll see if I can get either of the ones mentioned in this thread to work and do what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Al 

1 hour ago, Al Saunders said:

Hi Lightingnewb,

Thanks, I'll check that one out too. I'd say I'm only slightly tech savvy in that I'm not a programmer or definitely not a web developer. I'm obviously ok with navigating around my laptop and using LOR software and hardware. I appreciate the offer for managing our website but It's a pretty small website and I probably couldn't afford your services anyway. LOL :P

I'll see if I can get either of the ones mentioned in this thread to work and do what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Al 

Since you're a part of the forums (and since I don't have a business for it yet), I'd tender my services with you for no cost.

I do this kind of work as a part-time career alongside another job so I can get the basics in for you. We can discuss this in PMs if it comes down to it.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:56 PM, lightingnewb said:

Since you're a part of the forums (and since I don't have a business for it yet), I'd tender my services with you for no cost.

I do this kind of work as a part-time career alongside another job so I can get the basics in for you. We can discuss this in PMs if it comes down to it.

Hey Lightingnewb,

Thanks for the offer that's very generous. I'm going to try the counter myself and if I can get it the other one to do what I like I'll stick with it myself. But I will keep your offer in mind and will PM you if I change my mind.

Thanks again,

Al

17 hours ago, Al Saunders said:

Hey Lightingnewb,

Thanks for the offer that's very generous. I'm going to try the counter myself and if I can get it the other one to do what I like I'll stick with it myself. But I will keep your offer in mind and will PM you if I change my mind.

Thanks again,

Al

Thanks Al. Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked