Light-O-Rama Forums

Import sequence to existing sequence?

Dcroc

I have a pixel tree sequence that I want to run with another sequence.  Can I import the new sequence to the existing sequence?  I have tried "import channel config", but it erases the exsiting sequence, and replaces it with the new.  I simply want to add the new to the exsiting.  Is there a simple way?

Edited by Dcroc

open the sequence you want to copy from, then go up to file-open- and get the sequence you want to put it in.  You will get two tabs right above the audio wave form just like multi tabs in internet explorer, complete with the sequence names.  You can use the pointer tool to highlight what part you want in the original sequence, then copy (control C), then select the tab with the second sequence, click where you want to insert it and paste (control v)  easy peasy!!  Assuming you are using sequence editor, if not this might not apply!

Edited by bdwillie

15 hours ago, saxon said:

There is also sub sequence. It is the fastest and easiest way and works well but not prefered by most. 

That is more of what I'm looking for.  Can you explain how this is done?

38 minutes ago, Dcroc said:

That is more of what I'm looking for.  Can you explain how this is done?

Sure it's easy. You will take one of your regular channels or create a new channel, in the dialogue box for addressing the new channel you will select sequence under type. Then you turn on that channel. If you find the sun sequence starts earlier than you want, you can start it a cell or 2 later. When I have used sub sequences I had no timing problems. Here is a video I found,  Also, Brian in super star tutorial covers this simple method as well as help guide. 

Matt