Light-O-Rama Forums

Cheap Pixel Controller for Testing Lights

mpageler

Go this cheap pixel controller to  fool around with. Have been getting some pre-order string shipments and  found that it was really easy to test the new lights with this contgroller.  $19 shipping from Chinese Ebayer and has 133 light functions.   I could scroll throught solid red, green and blue setting to ensure all leds were working. 

At least for me, was so much quicker than hooking strings up to my Sandevices e6804 and useing the webpage to test lights.   And also didn't have to risk blowing a CPU on my e6804, which I've done in the past.

Starting to build some displays and nice to have this controller sitting right on workbench to quickly test soldered connections.   

Right behind my automacitce wire stripper, it' my newest favorite tool.  Can find 5v and 12v version on Ebay.  Have seen it on several U.S. dealers for $25 plus shipping.  Sometimes listed as "Color Magic Pixel Controller". 

Go to EBAY and search by 5v 12v 133 pixel controller and you find the listings. 

Has a plugable screw block for power input and 2 outputs. 

s-l400.jpg

• Like 1

I have some from Ray Wu that were all of $3.00 each.  Not worth the shipping for an order by themselves, but added both the 5V and 12V versions to another order..  Agreed that having a tester is VERY much worth while!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I have some from Ray Wu that were all of $3.00 each.  Not worth the shipping for an order by themselves, but added both the 5V and 12V versions to another order..  Agreed that having a tester is VERY much worth while!

Agree 100%. I have the same.