Light-O-Rama Forums

LED setup

Jeffery m

This will be my first year ever syncing lights to music my display will be all LEDs my question is can anybody tell me what I need to do to the controller to change the dimming curve for the LEDs

I may be in the minority here, but I never had to adjust the dimming curve on my controllers to accommodate LED's. Then again, I'm rather new to this, so I could be doing it wrong. . . However, mine worked just fine. . . So I'll me interested in what others have to say. Maybe I am missing something.

~Matt

My show is 100% LEDs,and I have never done anything with dinning curves.  And never felt there was a need.

1 hour ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

I may be in the minority here, but I never had to adjust the dimming curve on my controllers to accommodate LED's. Then again, I'm rather new to this, so I could be doing it wrong. . . However, mine worked just fine. . . So I'll me interested in what others have to say. Maybe I am missing something.

~Matt

No, I believe you are good to go. I'm 100% LED for Christmas and 90% Halloween. Not needed.

Also, this should be found on the User Manual with your controller.

http://www1.lightorama.com/documentation/

Check this page out for information that could help, should you decide to use dimming curves, though unnecessary. In my 3 years of doing this, using ALL LEDs, never had to use the curves.

Thanks for asking, and welcome to the forums. I encourage you to keep asking... I'm sure someone else probably is wondering what you are 1/2 the time, so if someone asks, many will get the answers they need.

I've noticed that different brands/styles of LEDs fade a little differently from each other.  But it's never bothered me enough to add one more variable (dimming curves) to the mix.  There's already enough for my brain to keep track of.

If you've got a particular display element (I have one of those) that behaves noticeably different from the rest you might want to sequence fades of that item a bit differently.  If your LEDs are all the same style from the same source, you should be just fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Simmons said:

I've noticed that different brands/styles of LEDs fade a little differently from each other.  But it's never bothered me enough to add one more variable (dimming curves) to the mix.  There's already enough for my brain to keep track of.

If you've got a particular display element (I have one of those) that behaves noticeably different from the rest you might want to sequence fades of that item a bit differently.  If your LEDs are all the same style from the same source, you should be just fine.

IMHO- that is one of the keys! Same date and place. Probably get the same lot #'s

JR

You don't have to do anything.  No need to dim LEDs.  I use all LEDs and they work fine with the controllers.  Just plug 'em in and enjoy.