Light-O-Rama Forums

"Edit" Button Gone

dibblejr

I have had this happen before on one of my original threads. The edit button is there until someone replies to my thread. Then there is no way to go back and edit something that may have been missed. However I could always go in and edit on any of my replies within my thread.

This morning I added a new thread in Sequence Sharing and Dan replied. As soon as he replied my "edit" button disappeared. Now all edit buttons are gone on my posts. Also last I checked a quote button was gone so I could not inform user I sent.

I just changed laptops so please let me know if it is me or due to the update. My laptop was missing a bunch of .dll files and I have been slowly getting them in place. So much for paying for "Optimization".

Thanks

JR

For example, after posting this thread the edit button was there and "quote" button not. After all why would I need to quote myself? Stepped out for a lil while and return, now "quote" button there and "edit" gone.

Edit button is on this post though.

Edited by dibblejr
added:Edit button is on this post though.

From my experience on this forum. The edit button goes away after a certain time, even with no replies to the thread.

I know another forum, I can edit a post I made 4 years ago. Makes it real nice if you wanted to update something.

To the guy in charge of the edit button.

We will find you, and when we do we will force you and your family to listen to the Beep Beep snuggle bunny song until there's blood running from your ears.

4 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

And now the edit button is gone after 30 minutes ,with no post following my last post.

Its like "Magic"

Welcome to my Nightmare! Its playing in my head since I just finished sequencing it.

4 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

From my experience on this forum. The edit button goes away after a certain time, even with no replies to the thread.

I know another forum, I can edit a post I made 4 years ago. Makes it real nice if you wanted to update something.

Yep. every forum I am on I can go in and edit, even as far back as 2000. With the exception of a gun forum and only in the For Sale section. They do not allow edit to a sale thread so there is no funny business taking place. You list it as brand new, it better be brand new.

5 hours ago, Ebuechner said:

force you and your family to listen to the Beep Beep snuggle bunny song until there's blood running from your ears.

Oh way to go. Now you did it.

By you posting this song, someone will sequence it, post it and it will go viral. That's just great. LOL

Sorry folks.  The 'edit' button has been gone for some time now (Mid September) due to some internal technical issues.  When those issues are resolved, we will re-enable it.  i do not have a time frame for that.

3 minutes ago, DevMike said:

Sorry folks.  The 'edit' button has been gone for some time now (Mid September) due to some internal technical issues.  When those issues are resolved, we will re-enable it.  i do not have a time frame for that.

Thanks for the reply, I guess we will just have to use it when it rears its sporadic self.

JR

59 minutes ago, DevMike said:

I'm confused here. I see the "Edit" button appear every time I post something, then it goes away about 20 to 30 minutes later. But there is an "Edit" button. So I'm not sure what you just said.

7 minutes ago, DevMike said:

Which is what I mean, since I am speaking in the context of this thread.

But it's there and already enabled. It just goes away after a certain amount of time. So you mean since Mid September, it disappears after a certain time.

I just saw this post.

Mike has a million things to do, and doesn't always know the exact things going on the background. That isn't a slam/put down/smack down or anything else negative toward him. If you take it as such .. then check your ego at the door, please.

The edit functions do vary on the forum based on the behaviors of the members. Admins can see all edits made. If we see that people are changing their posts in attempts to 'frame' other people into looking bad .. then we reduce the edit times to mitigate the issue. Time is allotted for corrections to be made to posts. However, the ability to 'Update' a posts hours/days/weeks/months later will require the assistance of an Admin.

Sucks, yes. Not fun, I know. Anything else negative you can think of ... I know.

However, there are some people (and I'm not suggesting anyone here) who will change things days/weeks later. In order to keep that from happening, edits are limited.

I just wanted to edit my original post "Now Accepting Free Requests..." to include where I get my music but couldn't. My short term memory loss (both age and injuries) make it impossible to come back months later. LOL

The edit was there as I started the thread but I have not seen it since Dan posted his reply. The info I added is imbedded way down and missed by folks wanting a sequence.

If I can please have my edit button back for a short time or someone merge my "look at mp3million because that's where I get my music"?

Because of my STML I have to frequently used the edit, hence why my privileges were removed but I am in no way being facetious. Just forgetful. If I had a quota of 50 edits a month I would be SOL in one day, sometimes.

I feel for you guys, that's a lot of work to have to go edit posters replies.

Thank you and yes my reply is to be taken as light hearted and sort of humorous.

JR

You are reply maybe lighthearted, but I'm dead serious about finding that guy and forcing him to listen to beep beep snuggle bunny. 

(A fate worse than death if there ever was one)  :blink:

1 hour ago, Ebuechner said:

You are reply maybe lighthearted, but I'm dead serious about finding that guy and forcing him to listen to beep beep snuggle bunny. 

(A fate worse than death if there ever was one)  :blink:

Yes. my children loved that song. I can faintly hear it in my head now that you bring it up.

• The topic was locked