Light-O-Rama Forums

LED Comparison

DocBrown86

I am looking at two places for blue LED Commercial lights:

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/6175/SHL-25M5SBL.html

http://www.noveltylights.com/35-light-tradational-t5-blue-led-mini-lights-green-wire

The first one has less bulbs and length, but looks fancier with the connectors. But are they worth almost $4 more for less bulbs?

• Like 1

I agree with Mr. P. on HLE. (Say it fast 3 times - could be a rap song in the works)

3 year warranty, full-wave, sealed. I love mine & have had zero failures. 

Past on the 2 sites you listed..,.overprices and who knows what the quality is.  

While I haven't bought any led strings yet, I visit the HLE site once in awhile and that's where I'll buy from when the time comes.  They seem to have a great reputation.  They have a pre-sale going on now.  They carry m6 instead of m5 strings.  Under $14 for 100ct strings, $11 or so for 75ct.They also have 50ct.

Add me to the Holiday Lights Express list, if they don't have it then I go to Novelty lights.  Had issues with rope light from Novelty Lights and THEY DID NOT STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SOLD.  Refused to respond to emails.  Problem with the rope light was that the break was greatly off-centered from the cut mark.  If you cut it on the cut mark then you messed up that 18inch run.  Nothing but bad luck with 1000bulbs.

With all of the singing faces requiring weird counts I had to set down and figure what it was going to take to be 1- cost effective and 2- give me the least amount of excess lights to cover or blackout. I found Primo lights to be the company to get me what I needed and when I needed. Out of the 10,000 or so bulbs I had 2 strings that didn't work or had a short or something. Called them up explained it and they immediately sent replacements with no questions asked.

It was mid July so there was no sales and the price may have been a little higher but I called my order in so Customer Service actually helped me with my counts and corrected some of my errors. So between CS and not having as many extra bulbs was worth the extra 5-10 cents average per string.

At the time I had searched high and low for 15, 35 and some of the weird bulb counts. They had them for the most part where all others didn't. Supply and Demand issue here.

I am in no way shape or form comparing to any of the other venders mentioned here, just sharing why I went outside of want was suggested to me.

Most of my larger bulbs are from Wal-Mart. Locale, price and assures that I can buy the same lot #'s/ mfg date to ensure the colors are as pretty much the same. Are they of quality? That would cause for much debates. 

Edited by dibblejr

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

........... between CS and not having as many extra bulbs was worth the extra 5-10 cents average per string. At the time I had searched high and low for 15, 35 and some of the weird bulb counts.....

JR - you must be talking incans and not LEDs as the poster questioned about. They're not pennies higher - Primo is 2 to 3 times higher on LEDs...

30 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

JR - you must be talking incans and not LEDs as the poster questioned about. They're not pennies higher - Primo is 2 to 3 times higher on LEDs...

Dan- when I switched over from incans to mini leds Primo was not that much more than the others, the problem I had was "out of stock or Unavailable" for most, Also they didn't have the odd qtys in the colors I needed. My faces are various color instead of all white lip movements. I also purchased some of my lights through there discontimued stuff or something like that at the bottom of their listings.

If I had planned my conversion earlier I could have save quite a bit going with someone else, probably for sure during the sales, but I missed every sale.

The instructions I received with my first set of faces gave me the different strings and qtys as well as places to find them. Not an all inclusive list and every time I tried to go outside the list - not available in qty or colors. So I had to do what I had to do. Hindsight is always 20-20

• The topic was locked