Light-O-Rama Forums

Falcon Controller Support/Warrenty

mpageler

Looking at the new Falcon F16v3 and wondering what your experiences have been with the Onwer Dave?  No stated warrenty and wondering if you cause an issue, blow a CPU for example, doesn't he pony up with sending you replacemernt parts or offer to fix it if you paying the shpping. 

With operator error, have found that LOR and Sandevices has top notch service.  Lots of 16 output pixel controllers out there but just like the features the Falcon provides at the $200 price point. Would consider the E682 but getting a little date for it's price. 

He seems like a nice guy. He didn't have any problems giving me advice and providing me with his phone number.

He told me if I ever needed anything to give him a call. So anytime you can get personal customer support its a good thing.

Edited by dibblejr

I have a falcon f16 v2  and am going to order the new f16-v3  you should check the specs these controllers a hardly another 16 channel controller they do much more  I also have  2E 682's And 4 6804's  as for service I never had to call  ran perfect all season and very easy to setup.

1 hour ago, mpageler said:

Looking at the new Falcon F16v3 and wondering what your experiences have been with the Onwer Dave?  No stated warrenty and wondering if you cause an issue, blow a CPU for example, doesn't he pony up with sending you replacemernt parts or offer to fix it if you paying the shpping. 

With operator error, have found that LOR and Sandevices has top notch service.  Lots of 16 output pixel controllers out there but just like the features the Falcon provides at the $200 price point. Would consider the E682 but getting a little date for it's price. 

Dave is a great stand up guy. He has even been known to replace controllers that the users have wired up wrong and fried the controllers. I purchased 4 falcon f16v2's last year from him during the first sale he had. A day after I received the controllers I received a phone call directly from him. He just wanted to let me know that if I needed anything or had any problems to call him. I still have his cell number in my phone although I have never needed to call him because his controllers are great and very simple to use.

• Like 1

Dave has helped me out and I don't even own a Falcon yet! He is so friendly and helpful that even if the competition cost less I would STILL buy a Falcon.

I saved Christmas cash and will be getting a v3 this year, I'm not even considering the competition. [emoji846]

• Like 1

Ditto on the Falcon.  I got my first one last year and it ran flawlessly all season.  (Just like all my LOR pixel controllers) 

That's more than I can say for either of my E682 boards.

Bascially asking if Dave would do what Sandevices (Jim?) would do.  I shorted out several outlet on an E6804.  Jim sent me a new CPU which I just could n't install w/o bending pins.  I sent board to hime, he fixed it and returned on his own dime.  

Feeling that Dave would do the same?

2 hours ago, mpageler said:

Bascially asking if Dave would do what Sandevices (Jim?) would do.  I shorted out several outlet on an E6804.  Jim sent me a new CPU which I just could n't install w/o bending pins.  I sent board to hime, he fixed it and returned on his own dime.  

Feeling that Dave would do the same?

Have you tried to ask him? He responded to my email within hours.

JR

10 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Have you tried to ask him? He responded to my email within hours.

JR

Not questioning what Dave might say but would much prefer customer feedback on how he handles "operator errors" within a certain purchase timeframe.  

5 minutes ago, mpageler said:

Not questioning what Dave might say but would much prefer customer feedback on how he handles "operator errors" within a certain purchase timeframe.  

Did you see ebrowns reply above? Just asking to ensure you didn't miss it. ". He has even been known to replace controllers that the users have wired up wrong and fried the controllers"

JR

I will buying the new F16v3 this year s well, not just for all that it offers, but Dave has already stated he can do a simple firmware upgrade that will allow  the clock port to be used as a data port for the new WS2813 and WS2818 nodes. San devices has stated that they have no plans to support those nodes for the E682. I have a 682, and i will continue to use for my Matrix, but my tree will be upgraded.

13 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Thanls all...you made me feel comfortable with Dave's support...will order a F16v3 shortly.