Light-O-Rama Forums

Getting my Test Seq. to run in the LOR Visualizer Enhanced Rendering mode

Jack

OK, first things first, this is my first RGB device and have learned a lot but more to learn!!!!!

So far I've been able to test each light string with my Pixie 16 Controller with channels 1 thru 6 and changing from Red - Green - Blue etc.

-- I wrote a short test Seq. in the PE and am able to play it back within the viewer of PE.

-- I was able to follow and preform the "Visualizer with Pixel Editor (PE) and Sequence Editor (SE)" Document as it is written.

HOWEVER, I can not get my PE test Seq. to play in my LOR Visualizer Enhanced Rendering Display, as this is what I am using to view my SE Sequences.

I have set my ID to 03 for this device and it is tied to my PC with the RED 485 and cat 5 wire, for testing,

So here are a few questions:

I am running S4- v4.3.18 PRO Software and running my show thru a Show Director gen 3.

1. How should this Controller be set for Aux A or Regular in the Hardware setup?    (I have 2 AC 16 Channel units and this Pixel 16 Controller) 

2. What do you select when setting up the Pixel 16 Controller, for channel setting LOR Controller or Digital IO or? I have LOR Controller set at this time.

3. Does anyone have a step by step on what to do and in what area / program?

4. How do I get my test seq. to play in my Visualizer Enhanced Rendering format?

5. I know that I'm missing something  else but what.

I have heard that if you step up to the Super Star all my problem will go away,  some how I don't think so. programming maybe but not my issues.

ANY and ALL help welcome.

Jack

Jack, I don't use a show director, so I can't help you much there. You said that you run your show with a show director, but you are connected to a high speed USB adapter, and trying to see the show on the Visualizer. Those statements don't match. Are you actually playing (at least for your testing) via the Sequence Editor and not the director? Assuming that is correct, do you have the following:
The "Control Visualizer" selection checked in SE?
The LOR control panel running?
Your LOR network preference set?

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Have you reviewed the "Using a PixieXX controller with a pixel tree with Pixel Editor" document? Even though it is geared to the LOR Pixel Tree kit, it still talks about setup of the Pixie controllers and might prove helpful.

Matt

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/PEwithPixelTree16x25-RevA.pdf

Jim,

you are correct that at this time I have the controller and light etc. in our office area. Just gave to much info.

Control lights and Visualizer both checked.

Can you expand when you ask about the control panel running? maybe

network preference is part of the question, but thanks Jack

Matt,

If you are talking about the 16 page document it is part of the problem because in one place it shows "AUX A" and another it shows regular, I understand that it depends on the size of your show etc.  I have 2 AC units and this one Pixie 16 controller.

For now I have the Pixie 16 Controller tied to my PC only no other devices, just starting from scratch and trying to start small and prove the device and light strings.

Jack

Jim,
you are correct that at this time I have the controller and light etc. in our office area. Just gave to much info.
Control lights and Visualizer both checked.
Can you expand when you ask about the control panel running? maybe
network preference is part of the question, but thanks Jack

Since you have the lights hold up, do the lights run?
You start the LOR Control Panel from the start menu under the Light-O-Rama group (unless you are using Windows 8 or 10 in which case I have no idea what that looks like). If the Control Panel is running, you will get the LOR light bulb in the system tray.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Yes the Enhanced mode is checked.

Jim,

other than having the lights hooked to controller and the controller hooked to the PC via red USB, 

Just open the SE seq. and hit the green arrow?

What else do I need to do / check???

Thanks,  Jack

Yes the Intensity data file is located a the bottom.

Turned on the Control Panel plugged in a light string and hit the Green Arrow NOTHING no light movement.

Jack

Yes the Enhanced mode is checked.

Jim,

other than having the lights hooked to controller and the controller hooked to the PC via red USB, 

Just open the SE seq. and hit the green arrow?

What else do I need to do / check???

Thanks,  Jack

As I understand it, at this point:

1) you have some lights plugged into a Pixie 16 controller

2) the Pixie 16 is connected via Cat 5 cable to a red LOR USB adapter

3) the USB adapter is plugged into your computer

4) in Network Configuration you have the correct com port selected and the port is set to enhanced

Network Prefs-enhanced.png

I'm assuming the 2 AC controllers you mentioned originally are not connected at this point. I'm also assuming you are not concerned with the Visualizer at this point - just trying to get the real lights to come on.

Rather than trying to play your sequence from the Sequence Editor, try playing it from the Pixel Editor. In PE, you must select Tools > Control Lights to generate the output to the light controllers. Also, as others have mentioned, the LOR Control Panel must be running and no shows should be scheduled - the bulb in the system tray should be red.

If that doesn't work, can you post a screen shot of the PE Prop Definition window for the prop you have defined?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt, 

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quick. First off, after making a change or 2, I was able to run seq from both the PE AND SE programs. OK now what did I change, per the 16 page Doc. "PE with the Pixel Tree Kit (16 X 25)" pg. 4  leads you to put the Pixel Controller on a different Network see last Bullet on page--- also see pg. 9 & 10 and yes I put it on Aux A . (this document gave me a lot of headaches and heart burn, please, please, please get this updated for the next person)

SO, I changed it back to the regular network and selected the Enhanced Mode, I also was able to delete the changes to the Aux A line.. I then went to run my seq. in the PE mode and it appeared to work also did the same thing in the SE mode with the same results. I tried using my "Visualizer Enhanced Rendering"  and it used the correct colors just the wrong effects. (perhaps you could help me out next week on this).

Went back to the other Doc. " dated 11-22-2010, RGB, Macro & Color effect Programming Guide ...for CCR and CCBs" Pg. 21 channel 152 " Fill from Control to End" Pixels stayed lite and did not go dark as stated, so this must be a different issue.???

I still have the Unit ID mode as "Dual Normal (CCB two Unit IDs)" this shows up in the LOR Hardware---Cosmic Color / Pixie Config BUTTON, it is grayed out and can't be changed from this spot, is this a problem and how / where do I fix / change this?

FYI, I am running Windows 10 and the Red BULB  (on start up, control panel) goes away after the first use however I then have the CP Button in the bottom tray.

Thanks again  I can now move forward with making the tree and programing,

Jack

1 hour ago, Jack said:

FYI, I am running Windows 10 and the Red BULB  (on start up, control panel) goes away after the first use however I then have the CP Button in the bottom tray.

This is an easy fix. Right-click on a blank area of the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. Select "Settings" from the pop-up menu. Scroll down to the "Notification Area" section and click on "Select which icons appear on the taskbar". Change the setting for the Light-O-Rama Control Panel to "On". Now the LOR light bulb should always show in the system tray.

Glad to hear you got things going!

Matt

Win10-taskbar-notifications.png

Matt, 

What can you tell me about the other 2 Items that I have highlighted in BOLB, thanks again for the help on the other items.

Jack

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quick. First off, after making a change or 2, I was able to run seq from both the PE AND SE programs. OK now what did I change, per the 16 page Doc. "PE with the Pixel Tree Kit (16 X 25)" pg. 4  leads you to put the Pixel Controller on a different Network see last Bullet on page--- also see pg. 9 & 10 and yes I put it on Aux A . (this document gave me a lot of headaches and heart burn, please, please, please get this updated for the next person)

SO, I changed it back to the regular network and selected the Enhanced Mode, I also was able to delete the changes to the Aux A line.. I then went to run my seq. in the PE mode and it appeared to work also did the same thing in the SE mode with the same results. I tried using my "Visualizer Enhanced Rendering"  and it used the correct colors just the wrong effects. (perhaps you could help me out next week on this).

Went back to the other Doc. " dated 11-22-2010, RGB, Macro & Color effect Programming Guide ...for CCR and CCBs" Pg. 21 channel 152 " Fill from Control to End" Pixels stayed lite and did not go dark as stated, so this must be a different issue.???

I still have the Unit ID mode as "Dual Normal (CCB two Unit IDs)" this shows up in the LOR Hardware---Cosmic Color / Pixie Config BUTTON, it is grayed out and can't be changed from this spot, is this a problem and how / where do I fix / change this?

Jack

If you are trying to view the SE and PE programming together, the easiest way is to import your visualizer file into your preview.

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jack said:

Why are you playing with the macro modes? They are not used by the Pixel Editor or SuperStar.

3 hours ago, Jack said:

Dual-normal mode means that each string on the controller gets its own unit id. This is optional on the older LOR CCB/CCP controllers, but is the only mode on the Pixie controllers.

Matt

Matt,

Thanks If I read your comments correctly I'm good on the Duel Mode question and for the other maybe I missed the area in that Document where it talked about  not for PE and or SS programs, however THANKS cause it was getting to me.

Hopefully this will help someone else down the road.

Thanks Again,

Jack Eitzel

Matt, 

Jack