Light-O-Rama Forums

Schedule certain sequences for certain times?

brichi

Hey guys, can i program certain sequences to to play at certain times? will it stop the current one playing? for example i have 4 musical sequences, call them 1,2,3,4 :)   but i only want them to play every half hour on the half hour mark so my audience knows when they will play. Inbetween i just want to run an "all on/chase" sequence i make so can i schedule as follows

5:00 - song 1 

now somehow i need the all on sequence to run right after until 5:30

5:30 - song 2

run all on

6:00 song 3

and so on.....

is this possible?

http://www.lorfaq.com/faqs/software-questions/shows-schedules/75-show-scheduling-example-2.html

That should get you going in the right direction.

Replace the "4 songs" with 1 song 
Increase the length of animation sequences. Be sure to have MORE than you will need. The "Why it Works" section will explain it.

It might be a challenge, but it's possible.

But why?  Are you planning a massive advertising campaign to let people know they can come by on the half hour and see a total of one song?  What happens for people who don't know your schedule and show up two minutes after that hour's song finishes?  Is your music-less animation going to be so compelling that they'll wait 25 minutes?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Don said:

http://www.lorfaq.com/faqs/software-questions/shows-schedules/75-show-scheduling-example-2.html

That should get you going in the right direction.

Replace the "4 songs" with 1 song 
Increase the length of animation sequences. Be sure to have MORE than you will need. The "Why it Works" section will explain it.

thank you but i want 1 song of the 4 per half hour

i guess what I'm asking too is if i setup a music sequence at 6:00pm with 1, 3 minute track and then 30 minutes of on time will my my 6:30 show automatically stop the 6:00 show? then i can just setup 4 separate shows to start every 30 minutes or even 15 so people don't have to wait as long

Edited by brichi

7 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

It might be a challenge, but it's possible.

But why?  Are you planning a massive advertising campaign to let people know they can come by on the half hour and see a total of one song?  What happens for people who don't know your schedule and show up two minutes after that hour's song finishes?  Is your music-less animation going to be so compelling that they'll wait 25 minutes?

i go out and do a strip tease between each set, they stay and watch believe it or not, lol

bur seriously, i don't want the songs going that much and the blinking and flashing driving my neighbors crazy, also i have movies that play in my windows so it they watch that if they want to wait. 

I had 15-17 sequence in one show and they were all full songs. I had an opening statement informing them of length of show and closing stating the show will restart right after the message. If they don't want to watch 45-60 mins of show that's up to them and they can come back another time of day. I also changed my show every day I had an A & B show and posted it up on our community site.

Why don't you use Bobs MIIP software and let your audience control the show, that's where I am headed this year. Let the crowd have a lil fun and input.

JR

You think people are going to sit in their cars and watch movies from your windows?  You can't be serious.  I think you might be over-exaggerating your own status just a bit.

If you're worried about your neighbors being annoyed by your lights flashing, then maybe what you need is better sequencing.  There's classes for that.

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

I had 15-17 sequence in one show and they were all full songs. I had an opening statement informing them of length of show and closing stating the show will restart right after the message. If they don't want to watch 45-60 mins of show that's up to them and they can come back another time of day. I also changed my show every day I had an A & B show and posted it up on our community site.

Why don't you use Bobs MIIP software and let your audience control the show, that's where I am headed this year. Let the crowd have a lil fun and input.

JR

And after the eighth time in a row Let It Go plays, what are you going to do then?

2 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

You think people are going to sit in their cars and watch movies from your windows?  You can't be serious.  I think you might be over-exaggerating your own status just a bit.

If you're worried about your neighbors being annoyed by your lights flashing, then maybe what you need is better sequencing.  There's classes for that.

I've been doing it for years, yes, they sit there with their kids in the car with the radio on being i pipe the music over a transmitter and watch quick 20 minute christmas cartoons like rudolph that aren't all all the time, i have traffic in front of my house every year so I'm not exaggerating my status of what i think might be, its what i go through every year

14 minutes ago, brichi said:

i guess what I'm asking too is if i setup a music sequence at 6:00pm with 1, 3 minute track and then 30 minutes of on time will my my 6:30 show automatically stop the 6:00 show? then i can just setup 4 separate shows to start every 30 minutes or even 15 so people don't have to wait as long

That's what the article says, yes.

Edited by Don

1 minute ago, George Simmons said:

And after the eighth time in a row Let It Go plays, what are you going to do then?

Never had that problem, show runs 4 -5 hours. I didn't use all of those "cookie cutter" sequences. Each song may play 4 times a night and your crowds may be a lot different than mine. We have at land and trees in between our homes in our section. Normally I would have 4-5 cars at a time, my neighbor across the street doesn't mind them backing in on his property so most people will use my show as their family night and stay for the entire show.

On Christmas ever there was 14 cars along the street and had some folks with lawn chairs sitting by my tune to sign, so for my area it works.

And I also barely had any of my lights out this year.

Just now, Don said:

That's what the article says, yes.

ok, i read it quick over, ill try tonight once i have my laptop in front of me, thank you Don

34 minutes ago, brichi said:

I've been doing it for years, yes, they sit there with their kids in the car with the radio on being i pipe the music over a transmitter and watch quick 20 minute christmas cartoons like rudolph that aren't all all the time, i have traffic in front of my house every year so I'm not exaggerating my status of what i think might be, its what i go through every year

People in my neck of the woods don't have time to sit around watching video clips at a light display during the holiday season. They have shopping to do. LOL

Besides, the reason they are out driving around looking for Christmas lights is to see Christmas lights.

Some people operate a Drive-In Theater, some people operate a animated light show. 

If you do both, then that's your choice.

• Like 2

as am i but if I'm driving around with my 2 boys and they see a movie playing and want to stop and watch, you stop and watch, lol

I often set up different shows throughout the night. For example I'll run my full show the first 45 min, then a short show the next two hours, then back ti my normal show.
It's very easy to do. I have to do this during peak hours some nights to keep people from sitting too long and traffic backing up too far.
If you have issues feel free to reach out.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

yeah I just went through it at home and setup a 4 songs, playing 1 each every 10 minutes with an "all on" sequence set for non music time. very simple, just wasn't thinking this one out. was easier then I thought, thanks guys

• The topic was locked