Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR's vs CCR II

Ralph A

Has anyone used the new CCR II, sold with the Pixie 16 controller?  Was curious what if, if any difference between the two as far as performance and lighting ability.

Thanks!!

14 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

I'm not positive but the aussischristmas forum says they are 6803 .

You are correct.  I just wish I knew a vendor other than LOR from whom a person could order 6803 strips wired in RGB order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Simmons said:

You are correct.  I just wish I knew a vendor other than LOR from whom a person could order 6803 strips wired in RGB order.

What is the difference in a 6803 vs a 2811?

1 hour ago, Ralph A said:

What is the difference in a 6803 vs a 2811?

LPD 6803 has four wires as it has a seperate clock, ws2811 has three wires as the clock is transmited on the data wire.

53 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

LPD 6803 has four wires as it has a seperate clock, ws2811 has three wires as the clock is transmited on the data wire.

That seems like a minor difference. So the light output is the same?

3 hours ago, George Simmons said:

George, what is it about the 6803 you like?

4 minutes ago, Ralph A said:

That seems like a minor difference. So the light output is the same?

The light output is the same as they both use the 5050 led's. However, I believe I read somewhere that the 6803 is a 5-bit pixel and the 2811 is an 8-bit pixel so the 2811 can do more shades of colors.

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

The light output is the same as they both use the 5050 led's. However, I believe I read somewhere that the 6803 is a 5-bit pixel and the 2811 is an 8-bit pixel so the 2811 can do more shades of colors.

Thanks Mr. P!!

3 hours ago, Ralph A said:

George, what is it about the 6803 you like?

I like that I can use it with LOR CCR controllers.  The controllers do indeed last way longer than the ribbons. 

All my new props are being built with WS2811 ribbons, but I'd still like to be able to use the LOR CCR controllers I have in inventory.

32 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

I'd still like to be able to use the LOR CCR controllers I have in inventory.

Me too, very good reason!  If you ever find them let me know please!  Thanks for the post!

I've got Kevin Judd (CLD Kevin) on the trail of a possible source.  If anyone can find some, he's the guy.

I've found 6803 12v ribbons easily enough, but none (yet) wired in RGB order.  Since the dedicated LOR controllers cannot be changed, I had to manually change the order of all the RGB channels for a single ribbon.  I'm not interested in doing that and then having to keep track of which props are in which order.

Edited by George Simmons

7 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

I've got Kevin Judd (CLD Kevin) on the trail of a possible source.  If anyone can find some, he's the guy.

I've found 6803 12v ribbons easily enough, but none (yet) wired in RGB order.  Since the dedicated LOR controllers cannot be changed, I had to manually change the order of all the RGB channels for a single ribbon.  I'm not interested in doing that and then having to keep track of which props are in which order.

Nice, I agree Kevin can dig up bones in quicksand.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2017 at 4:05 PM, Mr. P said:

However, the original CCR controllers rapidly change the values they send to the strips in order to add 3 more bits to each pixel. Basically, it tweaks the firmware to add resolution to the hardware.

• 1 year later...

I too would like to get some non LOR CCR replacement ribbons, 4 out of my 13 are not working.

I still have 12 ribbons.  I haven't used them in 5 years.

Edited by lightzilla