Light-O-Rama Forums

Anybody lagging in your neighborhood?

Bizywk

Once I recover the rest of mine will come down. Nobody can see them since Im so far off the road. My friends all said "leave them up" , they are C7's and C9's house outline. Hopefully 10 more days, that will be a first for me. Normally weekend right after Jan 1

14 minutes ago, Bizywk said:

usgy4.jpg

As usual, I'm the oddball. 

Mine start going up in October and some might still be up until mid-April.

• Like 1

I was one of the oddballs on my block... I had a outdoor light display (of any kind)  (my wife said there were 2 others: out of 20 houses :o )

I pulled it all in (to dry) on 1 Jan... It is now mostly boxed.... 

I still have all the lights on my roof, mainly because I haven't had the time, or decent weather to get up there and take them down. . . However, everything else is down!! I do have several neighbors that leave their lights up 365 days a year, every year. ?

I don't understand it. If I can put up and take down an entire light show every year, they can put up, and take down the 5 measly strands of lights.

2 hours ago, Bill P said:

Today is the first day that it's not raining or subzero and I'm working late....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subzero? Really? You must be in the REALLY northern part of south Jersey :D 

53 minutes ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

I still have all the lights on my roof, mainly because I haven't had the time, or decent weather to get up there and take them down. . . However, everything else is down!! I do have several neighbors that leave their lights up 365 days a year, every year. ?

I don't understand it. If I can put up and take down an entire light show every year, they can put up, and take down the 5 measly strands of lights.

Your neighbors can say "we were the first ones to have lights up"! LOL

JR

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DownTown said:

Anything below 40 is subzero to me anymore...lol

1 hour ago, Bill P said:

Anything below 40 is subzero to me anymore...lol

It's all relative I guess.  To me, anything above sub-zero feels like a heat wave this time of year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DownTown said:

I remember shoveling driveway snow in Boonton waiting for my dad to get home.  6" per hour. Finally gave up trying to keep  the long drive clear, and just did enough to get the car off the street.

Took 2 hours to dig the car out the next day (snow + Snowplow contribution) . 

Below Zero did happen, just not often

My lights have been turned off for almost three weeks, but until a few days ago, the weather was not cooperating (I'm a wimp and won't go out if it's too cold, or raining....too many health issues).  The weather finally got semi decent, and of course I got sick!!  Hoping that I'm better before the weather turns again!  I'm in a HOA, and lights are supposed to be down by February 1, but I don't think it's gonna happen.  If I get a nasty-gram from the HOA, so be it!!

• The topic was locked