Light-O-Rama Forums

PE issues??

DisneyMatt10

Quick question for you all, but I'm not sure how to word it, so bare with me on this one. 

So I'm trying to use some of the work I did in PE last year, for this year. All of my props from last year have the same universe assignments and such. However, I'm adding new PE props for this year. . . So when I go to open the file from last year, it erases all of the work I did on all the props from last year, and acts as if it's a brand new sequence that I've never touched. 

Granted I don't know that much about this because I'm rather knew. . . But I feel like there has got to be a way I can import all the PE sequencing from last year to this year. . . 

I sure hope that made sense. . . Has anyone else delt with this, and how do you go about overcoming it??

How did the preview get modified? Did you keep a copy of the 2016 preview and start a new 2017 preview. Did you erase everything in the 2016 preview and start over?

Best practice is to use the Copy function on the Manage Previews window to copy your 2016 preview to a 2017 preview. Try to avoid deleting props in the preview - deleting props in the preview will cause the effects for that prop to be deleted from the sequence (this will change in S5).

Matt

I copied the 2016 preview, and then added the new props to it and saved it as a new file for the 2017 preview.

27 minutes ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

I copied the 2016 preview, and then added the new props to it and saved it as a new file for the 2017 preview.

Sounds ok. So then you opened one of your 2016 sequences in PE and then selected Sequence > Assign Preview and assigned the 2017 preview? After that what happened to your sequence? Error message? effects missing? props missing? If props were missing, did you click on the Props button and reselect items? 

Can you attach a screen shot to help explain what is happening?

Matt

I open one of the 2016 sequences in the PE, I click assign preview, and I assign the 2017 preview. . . The PE loads all of the new props below the preview (where all the black boxes are that we use to turn effects on and off) and when it loads all the new props, I'd deletes all of the effects that were previously programed in the 2016 file. 

(I sure hope that makes sense!)