Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Faces using smart pixels

caniac

I don't want to buy four HC controllers ($800).  Am hoping there are other options or less expensive.  Dumb controller would be easier to program.

was looking at dumb pixels, the controller was a 9 output dumb RGB controller from HC, $199 per controller and would need one per face.  this would be for my singing pumpkin faces I have gotten from Boscoyo Studios.  Was doing four faces so after much discussion with HC I would need four controllers.

50 minutes ago, caniac said:

was looking at dumb pixels, the controller was a 9 output dumb RGB controller from HC, $199 per controller and would need one per face.  this would be for my singing pumpkin faces I have gotten from Boscoyo Studios.  Was doing four faces so after much discussion with HC I would need four controllers.

If your handy and shop around you could build those boxes for about half the cost .

For ease of use and sequencing I will be keeping my singing faces old school LED until I can get under this RGB stuff. At that point I will consider changing them over.

JR

that's my thought too, next up is to see if I can squeeze a c6 into a 12mm hole without lube.  worst case break out the bacon fat!!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, caniac said:

that's my thought too, next up is to see if I can squeeze a c6 into a 12mm hole without lube.  worst case break out the bacon fat!!!

I'm actually going to add a couple spins to my singing faces

1) going to add enough outline strings so I can make them appear to shake their groove things

2) two will get some girl accents so they can sing the girl parts as required

Shouldnt be very hard to do but may need to add on to the coroplast. 

Thays a project I will start after the mini. I don't like taking breaks once I start a project

• Like 1

I did 4 20x30 matrix's for my singing faces this past year, I had about 60 different singing faces. My charlie brown gang was my favorite.

1 hour ago, dougd said:

I did 4 20x30 matrix's for my singing faces this past year, I had about 60 different singing faces. My charlie brown gang was my favorite.

I would so love to pick your brain on this. First season with RGB nodes this year. Cleveland, TN not to far away LOL.

JR

1 hour ago, OzAz said:

old school LED

4 singing faces off 1 36 ch DC controller, with 4 channels spare

Please explain how you did it ?

22 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I would so love to pick your brain on this. First season with RGB nodes this year. Cleveland, TN not to far away LOL.

JR

I will dig up some videos. Anytime you want to talk about it just let me know.

1 minute ago, dougd said:

I will dig up some videos. Anytime you want to talk about it just let me know.

I know you guys just had your mini, would have liked to attend but I had pneumonia and still recovering from it. Let me know if you have any singing face seq request-, youd just have to convert to RGB. Pretty soon I will learn that. I know there is a conversion tool, I just haven't gotten around to it.

Thanks for the offer, will def take you up on it

You have some good company up that way.

JR

Just now, dibblejr said:

I know you guys just had your mini, would have liked to attend but I had pneumonia and still recovering from it. Let me know if you have any singing face seq request-, youd just have to convert to RGB. Pretty soon I will learn that. I know there is a conversion tool, I just haven't gotten around to it.

Thanks for the offer, will def take you up on it

You have some good company up that way.

JR

We will have a mini sometime towards the end of March, We are beginning to plan it right now.

5 minutes ago, dougd said:

We will have a mini sometime towards the end of March, We are beginning to plan it right now.

I thought I seen one posted. Glad I was wrong. I will be driving to the OKC mini.

If I am free on your mini weekend I will gladly come if y'all will accept me.

Your display is awesome! Don't know what happened to my volume button

On 2/7/2017 at 2:16 PM, Dennis Laff said:

Please explain how you did it ?

Using wire frame outline with coloured M5 leds (green for outline, blue/white for eyes, yellow for lips etc) each tree is 8 individual strings (see pic). Connected to a 36 Ch DC dimmer board 

singing tree sm.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone converted a holidaycoro singing tree from mini-incans/leds to pixels?  Can you just "bore" out the hole a bit more?

2 minutes ago, jsheehan3 said:

Has anyone converted a holidaycoro singing tree from mini-incans/leds to pixels?  Can you just "bore" out the hole a bit more?

Its probably been done. I believe the spacing will be a large difference. Probably every 3 holes but I have not done it nor seen it done. I am happy with my mini LED faces. It has been discussed several times in the past 3 -4 months.

JR