Light-O-Rama Forums

Not Christmas,but Hanukkah and Chanuka in my display!

Jay Czerwinski

I just moved to Peachtree City, GA a couple of months prior and was nervous about how my neighbors might accept my passion for Lightorama displays. 
My closest neighbors who have been extremely supportive in our family move happen to be Jewish and made a few tongue-and-cheek comments about all of the Christmas stuff I was setting up. So, I modified part of my display with a blue and white gift and then spent about 20 hours programming a short 12 CCR song for them. It went over well and they brought friends and family over for all great nights of Hanukkah!! Sharing the love with LOR!!!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, dibblejr said:

That's a long way from CA. Someday maybe us in the South can have our own mini.

That's the spirit.

JR

Thank you for the cheer!   And yes, I think we could start something here in the south with our own mini.  As soon as a bulk of the new-home fixes are complete, I think putting some effort in to an event might be warranted!!!

Kudos for engaging on their level. It really is about love in the end. Also, good job on your programing. I actually watched the entire song to see what you threw up on the CCR next.

Good attitude and good job!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/21/2017 at 9:48 PM, dibblejr said:

That's a long way from CA. Someday maybe us in the South can have our own mini.

That's the spirit.

JR

I forgot about this post - but a couple of weeks ago I was invited by the locals to a mini!   We drove about 2.5 hours north in to the Chattanooga area and I met about 20 brilliant folks!!! 

1 hour ago, Jay Czerwinski said:

I forgot about this post - but a couple of weeks ago I was invited by the locals to a mini!   We drove about 2.5 hours north in to the Chattanooga area and I met about 20 brilliant folks!!! 

Yes I was going to attend but forgot about it. Maybe next year

Also the great guys from OKC invited me since I had to plan for it, I remembered it.

JR

• The topic was locked