Light-O-Rama Forums

Light Up Ohio 2017

Bill Hoffman

We are happy to announce that Light Up Ohio 2017 will be on June 2-3.
Location for Friday June 2nd, will be announced at a later date.
Location for Saturday June 3rd will be 8am-5pm at Sharon Woods Spring Hollow Lodge in beautiful Westerville, Ohio.
Everybody is Welcome!
More details will be announced at a later date.
We are hoping everybody can attend!
  • 1 month later...

Are you ready for Light-Up-Ohio 2017 !!

We are happy to announce...Registration is now OPEN at www.luo2017.whindo.com

We are still working on the Agenda's for Friday & Saturday and will have them posted as soon as they are finalized!!

We have a great weekend shaping up and we're looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

Any questions...please feel free to ask!

• 4 weeks later...

Do you love Christmas Lights as much as we do? Do you want to take your passion to that Next Level, but are not sure how to do it? Come Join us in beautiful Westerville, OH on June 2nd and 3rd. We will be showing you how to "Make Memories", by spreading the JOY of the Holidays. Registration is "OPEN" now, and the Agenda will be posted in the next few days. Come Join us!!!

LUO2017.Whindo.com

Do you remember last year reading about the guy who set up his Christmas display so anyone in the world could control it.  He had people controlling his lights from almost every country in the world.

Well, his name is Tom Hammond, and his Internet Controlled Christmas Lights has become famous.  We are very happy to have him attending Light Up Ohio 2017. 

Tom will be having a workshop that will outline how to create an internet controlled, interactive Christmas Light Display, based on "FREE" software (Xlights and Falcon Player) and Low-Cost hardware (Raspberry Pi and Arduino).

Tom's workshop will be on Saturday morning June 3 at our event.  Hope you can attend.  Registration is open now at LUO2017.Whindo.com.

When I first started doing a synchronized display some 15+ years ago, one company was there to help me every step of the way.  I credit them for helping me bring JOY and Wonderful Memories to myself, and countless others who have visited my display over the years.  That company is Light O Rama.

Not only did they help me in my hobby of  "Making Memories", but they have generously supported an event that I hold near and dear to my heart for the past 11 years, Light Up Ohio.

This year is no different, and I "Thank" Light O Rama for their continued support.  This year they have donated a total of $500 in merchandise credit, that will be given away to 5 lucky winners at Light Up Ohio 2017, on  June 3, in beautiful Westerville, OH.  Hope to see you there!!!  Registration is open "NOW"!!!

LUO2017.Whindo.com

Are you confused about getting Xlights and LOR working together in perfect harmony? 

Clyde Lindsey has volunteered to share his expertise to help you understand how to do this in an all day session at Light Up Ohio 2017, on Friday June 2nd.  Clyde is famous for his "how to" videos and is the guru of anything Holiday Lighting related.  We are honored to have him at our event.

Registration is "OPEN  NOW" for Light Up Ohio 2017, but "Seating is Limited", so reserve your spot now. 

www.luo2017.whindo.com

• 2 weeks later...

This is your invitation to join us at the 11th Annual Light Up Ohio Symposium.  It's being held in beautiful Westerville, Ohio on June 2-3. 

One of the key speakers on June 3rd will be David Jones.  David is the "Guru" of anything DIY, pertaining to Holiday Lighting.  He will be showing us how we all can have a "great" Holiday display using DIY products, and not break the bank doing it.  David was at last year's Christmas Expo in Chicago, and we are very honored to have him at Light Up Ohio 2017.

Registration is "OPEN NOW"!!!!     www.luo2017.whindo.com

We deal with some great vendors in this hobby of Holiday Lighting. 

One of them, that I highly recommend, is Christmas Done Bright.  They have been making spectacular wireframes for a very long time, and they are one of the best in the business.  We will be featuring their products, and raffling off a beautiful "Ringing Bell" wireframe http://www.christmasdonebright.com/lighted-displays/candy-canes/NEW-BOW-BELLS-LED, plus several $100 gift certificates, at Light Up Ohio 2017 on June 2-3 in Westerville, Ohio. 

You don't want to miss it.  Registration is "OPEN NOW" at  www.luo2017.whindo.com

LUO 2017 is just a little over a month away!
Are you planning on attending?
Have you registered yet or still on the fence?
We have a lot planned for our 2-day event, that you won't want to miss out on!!
You can see all the details..."Right Here"
Have questions...feel free to ask!
We are looking forward to a great weekend!!

A quick reminder...

If you're planning to attend LUO this year and would like to get our collectible T-Shirt, you have 2 weeks left to do so! Last day for the T-Shirt option is May 19th. Regular registration will still be available after the 19th, but don't wait to long to register...seats are filling up quickly!!

www.luo2017.whindo.com

We at Light Up Ohio would like to Thank some of our wonderful vendors that support our event.  This year they have donated some wonderful door prizes, and we can only hope that when you buy your next display item, you will think of their contributions to this Community, and shop with them first.

Light O Rama

Crockett Fantasy of Lights

Boscoyo Studios

Creative Lighting

Christmas Done Bright

Chistmas-Leds

Holiday Coro

Hope to see you at Light Up Ohio 2017, June 2-3.   www.luo2017.whindo.com

Light-Up-Ohio 2017 is 3 weeks from today! If you are planning on attending but haven't registered yet, don't wait too much longer...time is getting thin and seats are filling up!! Get your registration in today www.luo2017.whindo.com!!

Have you seen the agenda for LUO? There are some awesome topics and speakers. Not registered, sign up today. It promises to be a fun event. Register here: www.luo2017.whindo.com

AGENDA:

Friday, June 2nd:
XLights & LOR Living Peacefully Together...
by Clyde Lindsey
Do you use XLights and want to add LOR or you use LOR and want to add XLights, but not sure how or they just don't seem to play nice with each other?? Then this session you won't want to miss!! Clyde is going to go over the "Tips & Tricks" on getting LOR & XLights to work together!
Be sure to bring your Laptop!!!

Saturday, June 03, 2017
9:00 AM - 9:50 AM Registration & Continental Breakfast

9:50 AM - 10:00 AM Opening Announcements

10:00 AM - 10:45 AM INTERNET CONTROLLED CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
by Tom Hammond
Tom will outline how to create an internet controlled, interactive Christmas light display, based on "FREE" software (Xlights and Falcon Player) and "Low-Cost" hardware (Raspberry Pi and Arduino).

10:45 AM - 11:30 AM Pixels on a Budget
by David Jones
David is the "guru" of DIY, and he will show you how to have the Holiday show of your dreams, and not break the bank!

11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Group Photo & Lunch!!!

12:30 PM - 1:15 PM Raspberry Pi
by Dan Blickensderfer
You just got your new Raspberry Pi, now what? Let Dan show you how to set it up and control your lights wirelessly.

1:15 PM - 2:00 PM Dumb RGB's
by Clyde Lindsey
Clyde will show you the many advantages of using "Dumb RGB".

2:00 PM - 3:00 PM The White Elephant Gift Exchange!!
If you would like to participate in the White Elephant Gift Exchange, just bring a "wrapped" gift with you. It can be something from your own collection or something purchased...the choice is yours! It's always a blast!!

3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Door Prizes & Closing Statements

Do you want to take your display to the next level?  It doesn't matter if you are just beginning to learn about Holiday lighting, or if you are a seasoned decorator, you will get a wealth of knowledge at Light Up Ohio 2017.

People will be coming from all over the country to beautiful Westerville, Ohio on June 2-3 to learn from some of the best decorators in the country, and to see some of the new products being introduced by top vendors.

Time is running out, join us at Light Up Ohio 2017, for 2 days of fun and sharing.

www.luo2017.whindo.com

Are you prepared for a "Zombie Apocalypse?"

AtmosFX will giving away "Free" Zombie Survival cards at Light Up Ohio 2017.  Collect the whole set exclusively in Westerville, Ohio, June 2nd and 3rd.  AtmosFX will also be giving away 5 of their most popular Projection Video's as door prizes, valued at $50 each.  Check out their site at www.atmosfx.com.  

Hope to see you there!!

www.luo2017.whindo.com    

We are proud to announce that CoolTees will be giving away 6 of their custom designed shirts at Light Up Ohio 2017.  Personally, I would pick one of their cool Christmas designs, but you can choose any one of their many creations.  Get your "code" on June 3rd at Light Up Ohio 2017.  in beautiful Westerville, OH.  Check them out at www.cooltees.us/collections/christmas

Hope to see you there!!

www.luo2017.whindo.com

• 2 weeks later...

There are still some openings for Clyde Lindsey's presentation on Xlights for Friday, June 2nd at Light Up Ohio 2017.  Clyde will be concentrating on showing how to adapt your LOR sequences to Xlights, but he is a wealth of information, and will be available for your questions on both days June 2-3.  Also, we will have Tom Hammond, David Jones, Dan Blickensderfer, and Clyde giving presentations on Saturday. 

Everything is ready for a great weekend!!! Don't forget your gift for the "White Elephant" exchange, it is a lot of fun.  Don't miss out, register now to attend one of the premier Holiday Lighting events of the year, in beautiful Westerville, Ohio.  www.luo2017.whindo.com