Light-O-Rama Forums

PSA of today - Sharing Sequences

caniac

13 minutes ago, Don said:

You should download the sequence and see.

It's an animation only sequence with nothing programmed. Pay attention to the channel names.

Will it stop someone from selling it? Might not. But would someone who purchased realize that they bought it from someone without the right to resell it? Yep.

Found it, I was searching for "locked". That looks great. Of course those of whom I know I would not care one bit, however take the case of the member who asked for sequences 2 days ago and never properly replied, protected would be great. Exactly why I do not dump my papagayo files. Proof of work concept.

I am very appreciative of those that share here on LOR or on their websites. I found it effective for me to build my sequences, by blending channels from several or more shared sequences.   So I have a pretty good inventory of shared sequences...

As a result, I tried to help out on sequence request.  but I'm very caution in how I do it.  I just send sequences directly to the person and don't advertise it in the request thread.   I don't want to get a bunch of request from people that want it just for curiousity and and maynot even use the song.   I also don't respond to "shotgun" request...basically, send me anything and will prompt them for "what do you really want". 

My display has singing faces and have purchased 75% of them.   On specific song singing request, I many times will direct them to holidaycore or holidaysequences when I know that either one has a requested sequences.  I figure, If you can't spend $8-15 for  singing portion of a sequences, then you probably don't have any business in this not cheap hobby. 

This is my second season with LOR and sequences and I am getting a better grip on how everything functions and reacts to the sequences. I have purchased sequences last year to get started (before I found this site), and I wonder how many of them were someone else work and the seller just put them on there to make a buck. I would suggest from my past dealings with ebay that if a seller cannot prove they are the original author (most advertise as "custom" or "original") the buyer should demand a refund from the seller. I am both a seller and buyer (not sequences...vintage toys, etc) and I know how firm ebay can be on such matters this could be eventually stopped....I think. But on a more positive note, I have been very busy this year and will have sequences to share later this season. 

If and when I share a sequence, as all of my sequences are unique to our house, all I ask is a video of it on their house and to be referenced on their website if they have one.

I love giving benefit of doubt but I also don't want my work being stolen.

Ok i will mot sell ever!! So everyone give me all now ! Lol ty to the ones who helped me this year. Hoping someday after my classes i can repay. Just finished second one, lyme disease makes it hard to concentrate. Maybe i can build you something to repay that is easier for me right now. Seems every year i get worse. Love you all and once again ty. 

Don

7 minutes ago, Derkngoogly said:

Ok i will mot sell ever!! So everyone give me all now ! Lol ty to the ones who helped me this year. Hoping someday after my classes i can repay. Just finished second one, lyme disease makes it hard to concentrate. Maybe i can build you something to repay that is easier for me right now. Seems every year i get worse. Love you all and once again ty. 

Don

You are GTG my friend. GTG

When you get a chance email me your address so I can start planning the trip. Might be a straight shot from your house to the OKC mini

I will share all my sequences with any one that wants them have been doing it for years I dont share the few that I have bought I have notice that it cant be said the same about pixel sequences no one wants to share or trade its a shame

• Like 1

I feel the same, I was looking at protecting them but it just feels bad to have to go through that. I just hope that folks would look within first. I kept looking at the nothingness on my SE screen after protecting one. Its kind of worthless unless the person getting the shared sequence only has 4 faces.

Guess I will continue the free unmolested sequence sharing.

Its the spirit that counts.

• Like 2