Light-O-Rama Forums

Not Your Standard Pixel Tree Configuration

Jade Rymkos

I don't use a typical pixel tree configuration.  I use three CCB controllers and lay out the CCBs per the attached figure.  Rows 1 through 12 have 24 CCBs and row 13 (top row) has 12 CCBs.  I am trying to create a similar prop in the Pixel Editor but have been unsuccessful.  I was hoping not to have unused bulbs.  Any suggestions?

PixelTree.PNG

Attached is a prop that you can import in the Pixel Editor that matches your design. It uses a custom matrix. It will be displayed as a matrix instead of tree in the preview, but the layout of the pixels is correct. After importing, you will need to assign the correct unit ids to the prop. The CCB controllers will need to be in "dual normal" mode. Import the attache LPEPROP file into the Pixel Editor using the menu item shown in the attached screen shot.

Matt

Preview Design import.png

tree24x13.lpeprop

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, MattBrown said:

Attached is a prop that you can import in the Pixel Editor that matches your design. It uses a custom matrix. It will be displayed as a matrix instead of tree in the preview, but the layout of the pixels is correct. After importing, you will need to assign the correct unit ids to the prop. The CCB controllers will need to be in "dual normal" mode. Import the attache LPEPROP file into the Pixel Editor using the menu item shown in the attached screen shot.

Matt

Preview Design import.png

tree24x13.lpeprop

Thanks Matt.

One additional question.  If I resize the prop and add a couple of these to my existing preview and groups will I run into any problems when I add effects since the layout is a matrix and not a tree?

- Jade

3 hours ago, Jade Rymkos said:

One additional question.  If I resize the prop and add a couple of these to my existing preview and groups will I run into any problems when I add effects since the layout is a matrix and not a tree?

Effects will be applied without an issue (a tree is represented as matrix internally anyway). The only downside is that the preview playback won't have a tree shape like the real-life prop -- so you will just have to use your imagination a bit to visualize what it will really look like.

Matt