Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Locations of 360 Tree In Preview

Jade Rymkos

I read a previous post that stated the first string in a 360 tree is always in the rear.  Can someone explain how the Starting Location settings work.  Seems like it should be in the 9 o'clock position when facing the tree when the starting location is set to "Bottom Left".  Also, are the strings located in a clockwise or counter clockwise direction.

You are correct, the first string in the 360 tree is always in the rear - away from the audience. If the first string is bottom left, then the numbering goes from back left, around the left side, then front, then right side, then back to the rear (counter-clockwise if looking top-down). If the first string is bottom right, the opposite numbering takes place (clock-wise looking top-down).

The terminology is pretty obvious when referring to a 180 tree -- then just extend that to a 270 tree, and then to a full 360 tree.

Matt

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MattBrown said:

You are correct, the first string in the 360 tree is always in the rear - away from the audience. If the first string is bottom left, then the numbering goes from back left, around the left side, then front, then right side, then back to the rear (counter-clockwise if looking top-down). If the first string is bottom right, the opposite numbering takes place (clock-wise looking top-down).

The terminology is pretty obvious when referring to a 180 tree -- then just extend that to a 270 tree, and then to a full 360 tree.

Matt

Warning- Matt, I may attempt to extract some of that knowledge. Trying to add pixels this year with a little help from my friends.

JR