Light-O-Rama Forums

WS2811's $2.95 50 string, is it so Opinions

dibblejr

Mod:

Per others in this thread, the pricing is PER PIXEL, not PER STRING.  As the others have discussed, this is NOT A DEAL.  Closed by the OPs request.

-DM

-------------------------

Can this be correct? Top right corner of the add, the price goes down the more you buy and they are for 5v 12mm

http://www.minionsweb.com/osStore/2811-rgb-12mm-round-8mm-led-5vdc-led-pixel-string-p-1526.html?osCsid=a7a7d8ceb1cbd212f77b0e82fa5d2f8b

This will surely help my quest for Little_b's roof matrix since I have to get about 2500 more! (only 5v guess I wont get them)

I just messaged them inquiring about 12v 12mm

Note that those are 5V pixels, not 12V.

However, that just seems to be too good to be true...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, k6ccc said:

Note that those are 5V pixels, not 12V.

However, that just seems to be too good to be true...

I shot them an email, I will call them in the morning if they don't respond first. Told them I needed 2500 12v 12mm if they have them

Last week I paid $11.26 a pack on ebay and that was good until tonight

Edited by dibblejr

4 minutes ago, msteiner57 said:

I read the fact description and it states that the price is per pixel, for a full string, order 50.

I scanned it, and missed that.  However that would explain the price!

3 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I scanned it, and missed that.  However that would explain the price!

9 minutes ago, msteiner57 said:

I read the fact description and it states that the price is per pixel, for a full string, order 50.

That's good eyes, even after you posted it it took me several attempts to see it.

That makes it outrageous then!

At that price I am probably destined to get a return call tomorrow! That would be $2500 for them. I paid $426 for 2000 last week.

I am glad I didn't place that order!

I have ordered stuff from Minions before and thought they were a decent place.  That pricing is 'confusing' to say the least.

Sorry folks, as the others have discussed, this is NOT A DEAL.  Closed by the OPs request.