Light-O-Rama Forums

Do an arch chase sequence in PE?

brichi

Everthing has to match up perfectly in xlights and SE for the conversion to work. I also think that it has to be set up as DMX for that many channels

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

damn, ok, thats way beyond what I have time to look into right now, going nuts with work so I may have to hold off on some of this :(

even opening the superstar demo I have looks crazy complicated. I need to watch some videos

Once S5 comes out all the things that you are wanting to do will be done very easily and within one software

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2017 at 5:49 PM, brichi said:

guys how are you getting the sequence from Xlights to LOR smoothly, I have followed videos but its a mess after I convert and open in LOR

I'm opening lights, creating an arch and then sequencing a quick chase back and forth, I go to convert and choose the right files but when I open in LOR it not even close to what I made

I think the problem is when xlights converts the sequence to LOR it saves it as individual channels. It's easy to fix. All you have to do is right click on the first channel in your converted LOR sequence ( where the name is ) and select convert to RGB channel. When the window pops up you will see a box to convert however many pixels you have on your arches.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2017 at 5:49 PM, brichi said:

guys how are you getting the sequence from Xlights to LOR smoothly, I have followed videos but its a mess after I convert and open in LOR

I'm opening lights, creating an arch and then sequencing a quick chase back and forth, I go to convert and choose the right files but when I open in LOR it not even close to what I made

Whether your using RGB or ac lights. Just build your model in Xlights accordingly and when your happy with it right click on the model and export.( I.E. arch 1) Choose .LCB and name it. Then in LOR at the bottom of the clip board click import (or something like that sorry can't remember the exact lingo) once it uploads it's just a copy and paste from there. No need to convert the whole sequence. Well unless that's what your after. Then it gets a bit hairy. But still very doable. I'm in the middle of meshing my LOR and Xlights so I can flip flop between them. Not holding my breath for S5 even though it would make life easy. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2017 at 1:28 PM, brichi said:

Hey guys! 

being I'm kind of stuck using PE to program which i do like, is there a way to do a "chase" like i can in SE? I have 8 individually controlled arches off a pixie4 and want to chase from pixel 1 of arch one all the way to the end of arch 8, the only  way i have been playing with that kind of works is using Spirals down to a small pixel amount and timing it out on the grid to not repeat and go to the next but to try and time this to a beat of a song that 140BPM's would almost be impossible where in SE i can chase a specific length like "complete a 1 arch chase to finish in .5 seconds" so each arch completes to the beat of the song

thanks!

So, I know I am a bit late to the topic, but I think I have a solution for you, using PE. I too was trying to get an "arch chase" type look using PE, and after fighting with PE for a while I finally figured it out. . . Now let's see if I can put it into words... If you want to complete one full arch chase in .5 seconds try using the "curtain effect as follows:

- Turn on the first 3 "blocks" or first three tenths of a second (depending on how you have your timing grid broken down) with the curtain effect being:

Curtain Edge - Right

Movement - Close

Repeat Mode - Once_fit_to_duration

- Then turn on the last 2 "blocks" or last two tenths of a second with the curtain effect being:

Curtain Edge - Left

Movement - Open

Repeat Mode - Once_fit_to_duration

And this should give you a nice smooth leaping arch/chase sequence for the arches. To give you an idea of what it will look like, that's how I go the effect around the 1:23 mark of this video:

Hope this helps a little, and good luck!!
~Matt

Edited by DisneyMatt10