Light-O-Rama Forums

See PE props in SE? PE sequence method set to SE

brichi

So how do i use props created in PE with SE?

I want to create props in PE because of how simple it is, set them to "Sequence Method - SE" , So now what? I open SE and set a sequence to play but i don't see any visuals playing in PE. I looked up how to do this and can't find anything 

long story short, trying to creat PE preview i can use in both SE and PE. Visualizer was ok but I'm limited to 50 pixels where in PE i can set 100

thanks for anything you guys can share on how to do this!

I have never tried this but you can see if it will work, create your prop then under modify preview using the prop drag down there is an export props.make sure everything matches with the PE prop and your config in SE.

SPaschall

thank you,

then i can't import it in SE's visualizer preview thoughI don't know why i can't get this, seems like such an easy thing we should be able to do

I'm not 100% sure if it will work, the nature of the beast now is you program in one or the other. When S5 is released later this year then it will all be one software.

SPaschall 

that stinks in a way, there are things I want to do in SE i can't do in PE and vice versa, i hope it becomes 1 very soon so i can start to program, I don't want to start a big project and then find out in a month its now easier and can be all in one

IMO- creating props for SE is very easy. Even if I have to create them again for PE (not quite there yet) from what you have said PE is easier so I won't see a problem if I have to recreate them.

But that's just me

Edited by dibblejr

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of props are  you trying to create?  Visualizer will let you make props with more than 50 pixels.  Sometimes it takes a little work, but it will work to see everything from SE, SS, & PE all at once.

visualizer lets me do DMX more then 50 but not LOR devices. I have to create them in PE and make them SE props to see SE sequences play in PE, kind of a pain in the ass but works