Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color Bulbs Year Round?

wibsbar

Has anyone out there had any problem with leaving Cosmic Color Bulbs outside year round? I am afraid the summer sun here in PA will yellow the diffusers and the UV will slowly destroy the wire... And, while I'm on here asking... has anyone figured out anything to use as a "clip" to attach these lights to the outside of their houses? Looking to rent a manlift in the summer and install these as a permanent outline (not practical to do it every year) and before I invest in the lights, I would like to know they will last for a while... Talking about the Cosmic Color Bulbs... Not the Pixels or RGB strips.... Thanks! 

• 1 month later...

I use CCB's on my roofline.  I have them attached to the shingles with binder clips on either side of the bulb so they stand up.  Also, under the eves with binder clips on either side of the bulb.  I remove them when the weather gets nice and do not leave them up year round.  I believe the sun will turn the bulbs yellow. 

From what I've read people don't leave the lights out all year because the sun makes the wires really brittle, causing them to crack, and eventually loose their ability to keep out water. 

I think if it were pratical to leave lights up all year most of us would, just so we wouldn't have to fight with the weeks of putting up and taking down everything!!

• The topic was locked