Light-O-Rama Forums

Arches

Sparky4u

Just because they're advertised doesn't make them right.  Ketchup is advertised but put it on your corn flakes and it will probably taste sucky.

3 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

Just because they're advertised doesn't make them right.  Ketchup is advertised but put it on your corn flakes and it will probably taste sucky.

Yes but when someone wants a light show they usually do not join the forums first and figure it all out, concept, technique, idea and requirements so they (I, We) did not know any better. Well I did because for many years I lurked here, crowd was much tougher than when I finally joined, yet I still purchased before I knew the entire deal. gosh I still don't know anything but I get by with a little a lot of help from my friends.

Like I said, I'm a black sheep.  I joined the forum before buying a thing and figured out exactly what I wanted first.

you got to remember George is like Donald Trump . he will tell you what he believes and in most cases he has great vision and if you look at his sequences it shows.

MAKE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS GREAT AGAIN

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SPaschall said:

8 segment arches just make sense to me when you figure that the majority of your music is in a 4/4 timing. As for the trail, I put a "ghost tail" on probably 99% of my programming. If I am doing a chase where it is a segment at a time with no overlap from the next segment I will just use an on command instead of a ramp down.

SPaschall

What is a "ghost tail" ?  

I use 7 channels on my 3 arches and duplicate those channels using splitters. Others use 8 channels per arch. Do what you like and what looks good to you.

Before spending all your money now on controllers, etc., wait for the upcoming spring and summer sales. You have plenty of time to play with your setup in Visualizer and be able to sequence songs. You have plenty of time to purchase hardware.

Welcome to the madness that is LOR!

It's to late to save money now.  I started off two weeks ago and orders two controllers and two days after they arrived I ordered two more.  And holy cow the addiction began. Then I had to order 2000' of extension cords. all the cords are white with a red wrap like a candy cane. As far as splitters are you saying seven channels controller both arches?  This addiction is still cheaper than my last addiction that I kicked 13 years ago. 

For what it's worth, we made arches last year, and with limited channels (our first year) we used 6 segments per arch.  We are actually pretty pleased with it and plan on leaving them that way.  Easy to sequence:)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Steven said:

It also depends on the size of your arch. I use 9 channels on my 49' mega arch.

I just watched your Mega Arch Demo - I was really surprised and impressed that you could get it sequenced that smoothly with only 9 channels - but you did. Nice job. I'm now following your page too - pretty cool Star Trek sculpture as well..