Light-O-Rama Forums

Switching to Pixels this year

Robsaus

LOR has the best out of the box solution while the DIY route offers a more budget friendly option if you put in the sweat equity.    You made a good choice in DIY pixels.   For years now, we've had those same strips permanently installed under the eaves all year long with no issues.   Be aware though, that you'll likely notice minor color differences from year to year even from the same vendor.  

Just in case, we label and keep a few spools in reserve from each year's order for future repairs.      

Got the first order of 1000 Pixel node strings in and 8 Pixel coro canes in and built.  Should have the other 4000 nodes about two weeks to build my 16 strings of 100 nodes.  Got my LOR pixcon 16 smart board but it wont connect.  help ticket submitted.  need to learn how to make props in PE. 

Rob

I'm thinking about the PixCon 16. Going to wait for the sale. Re can't get it to connect. Did you get it sorted easily enough?

• 1 month later...

Here's a update:  I received my first large order of Pixels (7800) and 20 light strips.  received the Ridgeline clips I ordered and love them.  The problem I had with my Pixcon 16 board was a bad board.  received replacement and works great. 

Here's a list of the projects were working on for this year.

8- 99 Noide candy canes  Done

6- Leaping arches  INW

18- Custom snowflakes INW

1 Large bow 299 Noides  INW

outlining roof line  INW  

16 Channel Mega tree 100 Noides per strand  INW

Ray wu icicle lights Done

out line 5 windows  INW

Also looking at running home made net lights (made with Pixels lights) on the ground since don't get snow in Florida

Then to start programing it all to music. 

Rob

Now wait a minute, all that and you mention only one Pixcon?!?!?!?  :wacko:    I hope you have more controllers then just the one.

What program will you be using for the sequencing?

• Like 1

I'll probably end up with 10 or more Pixcon controllers and I'm going to use LOR for the programing. 

Rob

22 minutes ago, Robsaus said:

I'll probably end up with 10 or more Pixcon controllers and I'm going to use LOR for the programing. 

Rob

Gotta love a big budget display!  Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

27 minutes ago, Robsaus said:

Rob

SuperStar or PE?